A problem was identified (and fixed) in the calculation of the new update subscription expiry date if you renewed early. All early renewals will be checked and corrected aaccordingly. You will be notified if your license needs to be updated via email.

Using Fuel Low in the BIP panel

General Discussions
Clutch Cargo
Flight Attendant

Using Fuel Low in the BIP panel

Post by Clutch Cargo » Yesterday, 00:12

I am beginning to set up my BIP which is going quite nicely after finding a few profiles I could learn from. The one that has my head scratching is getting my Low Fuel indicator to work. Now I am sure this would be a setting that is different per aircraft type but I think if I could just find something to start with I could advance from there.

My thinking is if fuel dropped below a certain percentage I could start with that? Does anyone have out here a Condition I could use to test with and what would be a value I could start (not sure even how I would list the value).

In the meantime I am enjoying all my Saitek/Logiteck panels. :P

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Using Fuel Low in the BIP panel

Post by c0nnex » Yesterday, 12:57

First of all which sim?
I assume FSX/P3D. There are some Fuel low snippets online, but here's a start:
Checks the currently selected fuel tank. (Click on the "Select all", Press Ctrl-C, and in SPAD.neXt press the little down arrow next to "Edit Event" and select Paste on a free BIP Plate)

Code: Select all

<BaseEvent xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" BoundTo="BIP_1_1" xmlns="http://www.fsgs.com/SPAD">
  <EventDefinitions>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="VALUE" IsFinal="true" Priority="10">
      <EventConditions>
        <EventCondition ConditionComparator="Less" ConditionTargetValue="10" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:FUEL SELECTED QUANTITY PERCENT" />
      </EventConditions>
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionPlateColor Color="RED" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="VALUE" IsFinal="true" Priority="9">
      <EventConditions>
        <EventCondition ConditionComparator="Less" ConditionTargetValue="15" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:FUEL SELECTED QUANTITY PERCENT" />
      </EventConditions>
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionPlateColor Color="YELLOW" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="VALUE">
      <EventConditions>
        <EventCondition ConditionComparator="GreaterOrEqual" ConditionTargetValue="15" ConditionValueSource="SIMCONNECT:FUEL SELECTED QUANTITY PERCENT" />
      </EventConditions>
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionPlateColor Color="OFF" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
  </EventDefinitions>
  <Options>
    <Option Key="NAME" Value="Fuel low" />
  </Options>
</BaseEvent>
< 15% yellow
< 10% Red
else off

Clutch Cargo
Flight Attendant

Re: Using Fuel Low in the BIP panel

Post by Clutch Cargo » Yesterday, 18:05

Thanks for such a quick reply. Yes this is for P3D (and FSX). I was not aware one could insert code so I look forward to trying this out. Many thanks!