Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Who's using Arduino's

Discussion about special hardware
Oz Flyer
Betatester

Re: Who's using Arduino's

Post by Oz Flyer » 21 May 2020, 23:57

looking good.
One thing is so you can see them in the data monitor.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 28 May 2020, 18:18

I have not gotten around to my Uno TXPDR.....I need to do that. Just too busy with CoVid and work. I have not even flown the sim since early April :(

I have pretty much up to this point just used the Arduino for a GPS530....A Landing Gear Handle and some other switches...So those were all the Leonardo or the Pro Micro running in USB HID Mode....Which I like since I can then have them show up as "Buttons" and re-Program them in Spad like a Joystick....I guess I would be good if the Serial Interface could have "LEDs" or Buttons show up in a list for what they are to do...

FSC517
Passenger

Post by FSC517 » 21 Jul 2020, 19:58

Hi there, i'm using the Arduino with MobiFlight for all switches, LED and an stepper for trim-indication.
And second a LeoBodnar-Board for analog-inputs like speedbrake/throttle/flaps, managed by SpadNext.
All is working well. I'm very glad with both, SpadNext and MobiFlight :)

mattswe
Flight Attendant

Post by mattswe » 02 Dec 2020, 10:37

Hi guys. Im currently in the same position as loudly was at may 17 (above). My Mega device is listed as connected under "current data provider connection states". Though it doesnt "show up" in the UI like the Sitek panels does. Is it not supposed to do that? I would be really thankful if someone could explain to me how to proceed.

mattswe
Flight Attendant

Post by mattswe » 02 Dec 2020, 17:00

At last I got it working. Hadnt changed the unique device id.

Ros5co
Passenger

Post by Ros5co » 13 Feb 2021, 00:58

G'day Guys,

Have been following these Arduino threads for a while now. I purchased some Realsim Gear last year for the X-Aviation TBM900 for X Plane, the GCU47X & panels which I have incorporated into my simpit.

Anyway I noticed that they use an Arduino Mega 2560 for the switch panels so when I decided to make my own switches to operate the G1000 panels plus a couple of others I went ahead & purchased the board, switches, wiring etc & have now put this together only to be stumped by the electronics side of it. I just can't get my head around the programming of the Arduino to work with SPAD. I thought I'd be able to download a "Joystick" code & all would be good only to find now the Mega needs a firmware change to do this. Obviously the Mega can be used as RSG use it & I see it mentioned in the threads on this forum.

I've been using SPAD.neXt for years & have most of my non RSG components operating with it & as I have a dedicated TBM autopilot I bought from China I have been able to re program my Saitek AP to do some of what I want for the G1000 however it's limited in what I want to do with it.

Would appreciate immensely if anyone could give me a hand here to get this project finished! :P

Cheers,

Ross

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 15 Mar 2021, 01:56

I would Jump into the discord as there is a Arduino section there and Oz posted his sketch and some drawings for making a radio panel. Helps to build off of it..

Ros5co
Passenger

Post by Ros5co » 15 Mar 2021, 02:45

Thanks for that, will do.

Redscouse
Flight Attendant

Post by Redscouse » 28 May 2021, 18:49

Evening all,

I've been tempted to give this a whirl and see what I can come up with. Couple of questions if you don't mind.

I've a few Raspberry Pi's laying around, can I use them or is it strictly Arduino?
What language is it coded in? (I'm familiar with Python/Php etc. )
Do I just buy the Arduino or do I need extras to connect/program the chip?
Any Arduino or a specific model?

Any advice appreciated.
Pete.
I'm Pete, AKA: Redscouse, owner and creator of Scouse Airlines.
Since MS2000, I've been tinkering with liveries, missions and scenery etc.

Check out the download section of my website and grab some free stuff!

dt3585
Passenger

Post by dt3585 » 03 Jun 2021, 03:32

i have an Arduino leonardo connected through spad and it is then interfaced with both P3D and MSFS2020. the arduino does have to be programmed as a joystick using the joystick.h arduino library. the arduino is, i believe, programmed in C or C++. its not too hard to figure it out though. then open the spad.next client and start setting up the interface between the two programs. much easier to have spad and simulation running at the same time. onsce you have a switch or buton configured in spad it will take affect immediately. so far i have had great luck with this program. the only thing i have not figured out yet is how to build a diy radio stack and configure it in spad. i think the arduino is an easy route to take with the diy aspect of the "home cockpit" approach. if you need an arduino sketch to get started PM me and il send you the sketch i found and modified to fit my purposes. modification to an existing arduino sketch is relatively easy and fast... for the most part the language syntax is almost english. good luck.