Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Latest beta broke multi panel knob functionality

General Discussions
shrike1978
Passenger

Latest beta broke multi panel knob functionality

Post by shrike1978 » 20 Jul 2020, 21:15

The new update today broke the knob on the multi panel. Turning the knob rapidly only advances a single value. Knob has to be turned very slowly to advance the setting.

Tested in NGXu.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Latest beta broke multi panel knob functionality

Post by c0nnex » 20 Jul 2020, 21:49

- Either increase the Timeout or decrease the Threshold for the Acceleration (Timeout 1000 works fine for me)
or
- Change the PollTimer to 0 (Settings->Devices) if you want the previous bevhaviour

shrike1978
Passenger

Post by shrike1978 » 21 Jul 2020, 00:22

I don't use acceleration.

I can't seem to find a point with the PollTimer where it works like it did before. Before, one "click" in the dial moved the value by one. If I turned rapidly, it still moved by one per click. Now, depending on setting, it either doesn't pick up the turn properly when turned rapidly, or a single click moves the value by 3-4. There is no in between.

Is there any way to restore previous functionality? This is unusably broken for me.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 21 Jul 2020, 00:27

hmm that's strange.

Try following:
Turn on Acceleration, set "timeout" to 125 , in Device settings set Pollrate to 100

Does that help?

Also can you please specify what you mean by "before".
In 0.9.6.54 , or 0.9.87.68?

shrike1978
Passenger

Post by shrike1978 » 21 Jul 2020, 01:49

Other than acceleration, those settings were the default for me. When I try them, I get the issue of the knob not responding. If I turn very slowly, it will work, but if I get any speed whatsoever on the turn, it will freeze and stop working. By my timing, it took more than 25 seconds to move heading from 0 to 90, between the slow rate it changed and the freezing when I went above a certain (very slow) speed.

Setting Pollrate to 0 makes it respond to the turn as fast as I can make it, but very inaccurately. It changes anywhere from 1 to 5 with any single click, usually in the 3-4 range.

For heading, I'm using the PMDGNG3:EVT_MCP_HEADING_SELECTOR event, and sending mouse wheel up or down to it.

On another note, whenever I change Pollrate, it pops up the warning "Some changes to the configuration will become active after restarting the application" after every single number I type. If I type in a two or three digit number, I have to clear the message after every digit I put in.

shrike1978
Passenger

Post by shrike1978 » 21 Jul 2020, 02:30

And by before, I mean before today's updates. Yesterday, it worked as expected. I had two updates today, and now it's useless.

shrike1978
Passenger

Post by shrike1978 » 21 Jul 2020, 03:34

One more data point. I just tried my Aerosoft Airbus Professional profile that uses LVAR exclusively and it mostly worked as expected with Pollrate set to 0. I say mostly, because it triggers at the halfway point in a click and again at the click, the way the panel used to do with stock planes when I was using stock driver, before I switched to Spad, and I hated that. But it's at least predictable.

Now I'm wondering if the double is messing up the mouse wheel emulation somehow, but that doesn't make much sense. I'm going to keep playing with it some.

slod
Flight Attendant

Post by slod » 21 Jul 2020, 09:36

Same here I'm afraid. I'll try the suggestions above. I'm using Realair Duke with standard lock-var for heading.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 21 Jul 2020, 10:36

Ok so I have people for all cases now
- Tuners react to fast (0.9.7.68 Update)
- Tuners react too slow (0.9.7.74 Update)
- All perfect

Please head to Setings->Application->Expert and set your update Channel to "Beta". I'll push a test version into that channel within the next 3 hours so we can work this out.
For faster responses and pro-active working on the issue, it would be nice if you join the SPAD.neXt Discord (https://discord.gg/sRwcWkB )

Kaashaas
Passenger

Post by Kaashaas » 21 Jul 2020, 17:06

Same problem here I'm afraid. Don't use Discord so I'll follow the information here.
Changed the settings to get the Beta-updates.
Grtz.,

Hans