Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

OpenCockpit MCP v3 displays stuck in zeros

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
ECXGF
Flight Attendant

OpenCockpit MCP v3 displays stuck in zeros

Post by ECXGF » 17 Feb 2020, 19:22

Dear fellow simmers. I have been using my OpenCockpit MCP v3 with the great snippet Connex created back in 2017 for the PMDG737NGX (Opencockpits MCP V3 , GoFlight MCP Pro with Heading buttons: Short press = Change Bank limit and Long press = Change Brightness). Not a glinch in over a year. Everything working great. He made me a happy guy!!! But I decided to renew my rig and bought a new PC for Xmas. I saved and published my profile so that I could install and go on the move. Well, everything in my profile (I have OC MCP and EFIS panel, two Leo Bodnard cards for the OH panel, saitek Pro Yoke, Racios, multipanel and switch panel, etc.) worked as expected and saved EXCEPT...
the numeral displays for course, IAS, Heading, etc neither any of the indication lights work. BUT when I turn my knobs, flick my switches or push my buttons of my OC MCP, everything behaves as expected in the PMDG. The displays and indicator lights in the PMDG Virtual Cockpit move accordingly but my OC displays are all blocked in 0 indications in all the windows. I reloaded the snippet and tried one by jjvelar just in case but no way.
What can I be doing wrong? I really appreciate your help in advance. Thanks
Mario Castillo del Pino
Malaga - Spain

PS. And something strange is happening that never happened before. When I open SPADNEXT my MCP always comes with the Virtual Power OFF. It is not big deal, simply a bit annoying to find it OFF if I is ON when I close Spad.Next. This only happens with this device and this profile. I really do not know what I could have done so wrong.

lesoreilly
Captain

Re: OpenCockpit MCP v3 displays stuck in zeros

Post by lesoreilly » 17 Feb 2020, 20:22

You do not have the SDK set to broadcast the data....

See this video I did for the 777 -- same applies to all PMDG for getting the data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkqRDhB ... UM&index=1

ECXGF
Flight Attendant

Post by ECXGF » 17 Feb 2020, 21:13

Thanks, I will have a look when I get home. I'll let you know if I find my way through

ECXGF
Flight Attendant

Re: OpenCockpit MCP v3 displays stuck in zeros (RESOLVED)

Post by ECXGF » 18 Feb 2020, 07:32

Hi Les. Yep. how stupid I am. I read about it in the wiki (it is clearly indicated there) and did it properly when I first installed a couple of years ago. When I reinstalled in the new PC after Xmas, simply forgot about it. lol I am definitely getting old.
Thanks again.

ECXGF
Flight Attendant

Post by ECXGF » 18 Feb 2020, 07:41

By the way. Congrats. Your video channel in youtube is great.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 19 Feb 2020, 02:59

You are not Stupid ..... when I built my new sim machine....Guess what I did not do either :).....Also remembering what to setup on a secondary machine for the using Simconnect over the network :) Also had to go find all that stuff again...

Thanks for the compliment.