Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Custom Axis configuration and Rotorbrakes again

General Discussions
TWIVEZY
Flight Attendant

Custom Axis configuration and Rotorbrakes again

Post by TWIVEZY » 24 Jan 2020, 15:37

Hi all,

Does anybody know if, when using the Range definition in Custom Axis Configuration, I can assign a different rotorbrake code depending on whether I move the Axis clockwise or counterclockwise through a set Range. I'm trying to control the brightness of a VC display that I can only control with 2 rotorbrake codes; one to increase and one to decrease the brightness. The actual control is a rotary knob. I recall that in FSUIPC I was able to differentiate between going up or down a set range. It wasn't pretty, but I managed to simulate turning the brightness knob this way.

Thanks!
Saitek HW: ProFlight Yoke (upgraded with springs and a LeoBodnar JC), 2 TQs, 2 RPs, MP, SP
Other HW: MFG rudderpedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick, DIY A320 glareshield (WIP; 3 BBI32s and 2 PACLED64s)

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Re: Custom Axis configuration and Rotorbrakes again

Post by Oz Flyer » 25 Jan 2020, 02:23

Can you set one to increase and the other to decrease at the same time?

turning clockwise
So that you have one going say "A" = 0 to 255 while the other is "B" going 255 to 0

turning counterclockwise
"A" = 255 to 0 and "B" = 0 to 255

Two events on one knob.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

TWIVEZY
Flight Attendant

Post by TWIVEZY » 26 Jan 2020, 19:11

Hi David,

Thanks, I have successfully done this with FSUIPC. I was wondering if this method works with SPADNEXT as well...using the Custom Axis configuration feature..will it differentiate between moving through a range clockwise and anti clockwise?
Saitek HW: ProFlight Yoke (upgraded with springs and a LeoBodnar JC), 2 TQs, 2 RPs, MP, SP
Other HW: MFG rudderpedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Joystick, DIY A320 glareshield (WIP; 3 BBI32s and 2 PACLED64s)

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 26 Jan 2020, 22:52

try is and report back and let us know
If not tell us what it did or did not do and we can work from there.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.