Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Help with power for Multi Panel/Switch Panel

General Discussions
cashell
Passenger

Help with power for Multi Panel/Switch Panel

Post by cashell » 27 Dec 2019, 19:16

Please bear with me if anything I say is me being stupid but we are new to the Saitek equipment!

For Christmas my son has bought the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Throttle Quad, Multi Panel and Switch Panel. They are used but have no reason to believe they are faulty and the seller in fact has been very helpful and given me this website to use.

We are having problems with powering the two panels but the Yoke/Quadrant work Ok. The advice from the seller was to look at a 3xUSB PCI card as they units are a big draw of power for one USB. This isn't possible as we are running Microsoft Flight Sim (Steam) on a Lenovo laptop. Instead I bought a power adapter for the yoke which has various settings and connectors and I have set it to 5v with a connector that appears to fit. I did briefly get a little more response on the Multi panel and the screen went red but no numbers. No response from the Switch panel.

Does anyone have any suggestion for hardware to power all the units if the 5v adaptor isn't a good option? Is there any way of testing the units?

Any help appreciated as we are new to this and my son is interested in buying more units such as the rudder pedals.

Thanks

Hazza
Betatester

Re: Help with power for Multi Panel/Switch Panel

Post by Hazza » 09 Jan 2020, 21:03

I have answered this question in your other post (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49235)
Cheers

Harry