Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Arduino - Serial Device

Discussion about special hardware
aeronauta
Betatester

Re: Arduino - Serial Device

Post by aeronauta » 04 Jul 2019, 08:45

A further question , is this device capable of sending info to Spad.next?? eg . change an LVAR from 0 to 1?
I seem to be trying to do something it cannot do...
Jorge

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 04 Jul 2019, 14:31

So far I can read both Simconnect and LVAR's But unable to write to them.
Only write is to Log File.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

aeronauta
Betatester

Post by aeronauta » 04 Jul 2019, 23:31

Yes the write to log file are the debug command 3 arguments...

Jorge

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 05 Jul 2019, 05:01

So with the Leo or Micro you can do the USB HID device and make a Joystick controller.

Oz -- I am more than happy to try and take your Radio and mix it in with the Joystick HID devices to see if we can have both running to get the input from the Spad for the Data Fields and then have buttons to bind to events in span.next......

I have not had time to revisit my "transponder" and change it to what is essentially totally different --- not that there is anything before hand to lead me to believe that they way I was implementing the TXDR was going to match what the interface was going to do :)

looking back at it I have no idea what I was thinking when I decided I wanted to treat each digit as a different Var....So weird, but made it easy to set limits and also move the cursor :)

aeronauta
Betatester

Post by aeronauta » 05 Jul 2019, 06:19

Much simpler is for you to download the serialdemo.spad.ino from github and try to embed your sketch in it , the demo works by turning the 13 system led on/off by changing the AP heading knob in the AC . as the latest version it works OK and logs the state of the led back to spad .
Get it from here https://github.com/c0nnex/SPAD.neXt
I tried the UNO but it does not register with Spad, although spad see a device in port5 , but does not add it. Nothing I could see in the log.. .

Jorge

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 05 Jul 2019, 09:53

I have been using the Leo in Joystick Mode for some time now in my GPS project (info on the forum) and to convert an OLD Games Port addon's over to USB so it would be quite easy to mix them to make one device but a bit of a wast of hardware.

Still need to retry my Leo board with the serial demo code (just for the hell of it) think I will stick with the MEGA for serial and Leo for Joystick projects.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.

aeronauta
Betatester

Post by aeronauta » 05 Jul 2019, 12:04

The Bell 206 helicopter has an annunciator panel with 20 leds , so far so good but it also has a SW for light test......

Jorge

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 05 Jul 2019, 15:25

I use a PACLED 64 for Annunciator Panel as the CH47 has 39 with text an if you what to be true to the aircraft another 25 that light up under test but are blank.
That makes 64 LED in the panel. I only have the 39 with LED's
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB

aeronauta
Betatester

Post by aeronauta » 06 Jul 2019, 00:21

yes David, I have used in the past the SIOC boards (and still have them) and also Mobiflight but that is not the point , we are talking about Arduino and Spad.next and would be nice to know if it is worth our efforts to try and use it to the Arduino's full potential I/O .

Would be nice to get some comments from Ulrich regarding this...

Jorge

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 30 Sep 2019, 13:29

Update on Arduino radio project.
P1010150.JPG
As you can see, Still using the LCD 2 line display but now can display Com1 & 2 Act & Stby or Nav1 & 2 Act & Stby using select button to swap which is displayed.
I can swap the Freq on the displayed radios - up button swaps Com1 or Nav1 and the down button swaps Com2 or Nav2.

I also have button status displayed in the data monitor.
Just about to the point of moving to 7 segment displays so I can display all 4 radios at the same time (Full radio stack).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB