Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Gear lever with Realair Duke

General Discussions
lennie
Flight Attendant

Gear lever with Realair Duke

Post by lennie » 20 Feb 2019, 22:14

Hello

I recently downloaded the Realair Turbine Duke. Realair is out of business, but they have formatted this plane to work with P3D4.4.

For some unknown reason, the SPAD panel will not move the gear up or down. It works with all other aircraft in my virtual hangar.

Does anyone have a thought on how to fix this? [The gear handle in the cockpit works normally]

Thanks!

lesoreilly
Captain

Re: Gear lever with Realair Duke

Post by lesoreilly » 21 Feb 2019, 00:52

If you use the keyboard shortcut of G does that work?

My guess — don’t have that plane — is that they don’t use the standard Simmconnect Gear data.

If you use the monitor to see what spits out when you move the gear?

lennie
Flight Attendant

Post by lennie » 21 Feb 2019, 20:00

Haven't tried the G key. Will see if that works. Thanks!

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 16 Mar 2019, 06:00

I know this is late but I have the Realair Duke Turbine and use the "Gear Handle Position" event for the Landing Gear. 1 = Down, 0 = Up
Cheers

Harry

lennie
Flight Attendant

Post by lennie » 16 Mar 2019, 15:41

Thank you Hazza! Never too late. I did discover that the problem was ChasePlane. I uninstalled it, and the gear lever worked. I know that sounds crazy but was never able to get CP to work correctly on my system. I am using the normal SpadNext "event" for the gear handle and I have one other problem that i have not found a solution for: When moving to "gear-up" about half way thru I get the 3 reds, but it never completes, and when the gear is fully retracted I have no red lights showing. With "gear-down" I do get 3 greens. Any thoughts? I have looked for a snippet that might help but have not found one.

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 17 Mar 2019, 11:59

My understanding is that the lights are only Red when the gear is moving i.e. the gear is neither locked up or down. The lights are out when the gear is retracted and locked so that there are no lights to distract you. A light being on means something is happening or confirmation that something has happened. Personally, I wouldn't want any lights on during the cruise phase unless there was something wrong.
I have set my lights to Gear (Center/Left/Right) Position:
Off = <1%
Red = <99% AND >1%
Green = >99%
Cheers

Harry

lennie
Flight Attendant

Post by lennie » 17 Mar 2019, 15:12

OK thanks much!! I had assumed [obviously wrong] that the red lights would stay illuminated. So looks like I am ok with all the retractable aircraft that i have.

While I am at it; very sorry for the news out of your beautiful country!! Have been to Christchurch a couple times!

lennie
Flight Attendant

Post by lennie » 17 Mar 2019, 15:21

Just another comment: When my gear is down the 3 green stay on. I assume this is correct? Thanks Hazza!

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 17 Mar 2019, 19:06

lennie wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 15:21
Just another comment: When my gear is down the 3 green stay on. I assume this is correct? Thanks Hazza!
Yes in a Retractable Gear Plane -- They will stay Green when in a Down, locked and Safe State...RED is for in transition or not complete....Off when up. There is a GEAR WARNING sound that will go when power is brought back and speed is decreasing.....Those that have Altitude Radar will also do this at low Altitude...This is to warn you that your Gear is up and yet you're providing the characteristics of an approach.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 17 Mar 2019, 19:10

When on Short Final you would normally do a GUMPS check:

G - GAS on the Fullest Tank
U - Undercarriage Down, 3 Green NO RED....
M - Mixture Rich
P - Prop Full
S - Switches (Auto Pilot off, Yaw Dampener off, Landing Lights, Boost Pump if your plane POH requires it)

This is in addition to the normal Landing Checklist that you would have done earlier....This is kind of that last minute "memory" item..