Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Reverse Thrust

Discussion about special hardware
mameni
Flight Attendant

Reverse Thrust

Post by mameni » 25 Jan 2019, 03:06

Hello and good evening to all.
Once more I have a very strange situation,and in spite of my efforts I have not been able to fix the problem feeling terrible bad and frustrated.
Problem is that once the reverse lever is pulled down to engage the reverse, only engine 1 activates the reverse,the lever in the cockpit moves to its position, and engine 2 does absoluttly nothing.,pulling the plane to the right.
The following is the way I have configured my 2 quadrant yoke in which I have Boeing B737 levers:

Right Lever of Pro Quadrant USA:
Event Axis change. Actions Trhottle without reverser(engine 1)
Right Reverser Event Button Pressed. Action Send THOTTLE1_DECR-Event(Parameter 16383)
Button Released. Action Send THROTTLE1_CUT-Event

Middle Lever of Quadrant Yoke:
Event Axis change. Action Axis Range 16383-16383 CONTROL AXIS THROTTLE2-SET
Middle Reverser: Event Pressed(Mode1)Action Send THOTTLE2_DECR-Event(Parameter 16383)
Event Released(Mode2)Action Send THROTTLE2_CUT-Event

Have double checked that there are no events assigned by checking all of the axis settings at the Options Control
And to be double sure I have clicked out the check that marks the Enable Controller

Appreciate some thought,ideas, on the matter to help me fix this

thanks

Hazza
Betatester

Re: Reverse Thrust

Post by Hazza » 26 Jan 2019, 04:32

Just wondering why you set up your throttles differently? "Event Axis change. Actions Trhottle without reverser(engine 1)" and "Event Axis change. Action Axis Range 16383-16383 CONTROL AXIS THROTTLE2-SET"???

I think, without testing, that the way you have set up Throttle2 is the cause of your issues. I would Delete the Throttle and Add it using Standard Axis (as you did for Throttle1!).
Cheers

Harry

mameni
Flight Attendant

Post by mameni » 26 Jan 2019, 05:43

I will try to do this tomorrow. As far as I remember I think that I was not able to set them both the same way but I will insist and see if Inam able to accomplish this.
Thanks

mameni
Flight Attendant

Post by mameni » 26 Jan 2019, 06:31

Hazza, tried to set up both levers the same way and still not able to get reverse on eng 2
Settings are:
Throttles for eng 1 and 2 Axis Change- Throttle without Reverser( Engine and (Engine2)
Both throttles work perfect
Reverse on Eng 1 which is the one working and lever is on the Pro Quadrant USB setting is:
Event Button Pressed Action send THROTTLE1_DCRC-Evente Parameter 16383
Event Button released Send THROTTLE1_CUT-Event
the Add Event when clicked brings up the Button Pressed and Button released

However for the Reverse on eng2 which is still not working, when I click on the Quadrant (yoke) Add Event what I get is:
Pressed(Mode1-3) and Release(Mode1-3) which I do not know if they have a different meaning than the Add Event on the Pro Quadrant(yoke) that reads Button pressed and Button released.
So that is why this second engine reverse setting is:
Event Pressed(Mode2) Action send THROTTLE2_DCRC-Event Parameter 16383
Event Released (Mode2) Send THROTTLE2_CUT-Event
Appreciate your comments

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 26 Jan 2019, 07:30

The TQ that is connected to the yoke has a mode switch -- So you can select Mode 1-3 with it. This feature let's you set up Buttons to have 3 different events based on the Mode Switch. So think of it like on a Keyboard F1 -- CTRL - F1 and ALT - F1...

On the Pro Yoke it is a rolling "disc" switch. Right Side and you use your index finger to set it.

On the Cessna Yoke it is in the same place but is a larger Slide switch.

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 26 Jan 2019, 08:39

As Les says it will depend on your Mode setting. If you have the Pro Yoke then the LCD display on the Yoke will show you what Mode you are currently in. If you have the Cessna Yoke you will have to check manually.
Cheers

Harry

mameni
Flight Attendant

Post by mameni » 26 Jan 2019, 16:52

GOAL! GOAL,! yoke reads mode3 on its LCD display, I couldn’t move it, to slide it from 1 to 3, and choose mode2 which I had on my setting, so I changed the reverse settings to mode3, and now I have reverse functioning fully. Such a simple issue,but it takes knowledge to get results. Thanks for your help, now I will re start my flights!

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 27 Jan 2019, 12:08

That's great that your Reverse Thrust is working, however, concerning that you can't change the Mode. I presume you have this model Yoke

The switch can be quite stiff initially but will loosen up with use. If it will NOT move you could try a VERY small squirt of CRC (using the little "straw" they provide) or similar. Probably wait and see what other people say before trying as I haven't had to do this on my Yoke. I have only used this on the Multi Selector on the Multi Panel
Cheers

Harry

mameni
Flight Attendant

Post by mameni » 28 Jan 2019, 18:22

Thanks for your info of the yoke. I will be away from my sim for about 30 days, and will check this on my way back.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 31 Jan 2019, 18:26

Hazza wrote:
26 Jan 2019, 08:39
As Les says it will depend on your Mode setting. If you have the Pro Yoke then the LCD display on the Yoke will show you what Mode you are currently in. If you have the Cessna Yoke you will have to check manually.
On the Cessna Yoke there is 3 little LEDs on the top of the right handle just above the switch. They turn on to show you the mode.