Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Latest update Multipanel FUBAR

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
CaptHunt
Flight Attendant

Latest update Multipanel FUBAR

Post by CaptHunt » 04 Jan 2019, 04:41

Ok, so I took a break from FSX for a little while, and came back after getting a switch panel for christmas. I installed the new panel, and loaded up Spad.next to set it up. When I did I was prompted to install the latest update to spad, and now my Multipanel is on the fritz. None of the mode switches will stay lit when pressed, and the autopilot doesn't engage in any mode unless I hold the button down for like 30 seconds, after which the light will start blinking. Once it is in that mode, the AP cannot be turned off from the multipanel. What is going on here?

I am using the default profile. I tried deleting and reinstalling the profile several times, and it doesn't seem to have helped.

CaptHunt
Flight Attendant

Re: Latest update Multipanel FUBAR

Post by CaptHunt » 04 Jan 2019, 07:39

ok, so, near as I can figure, it seems to be confusing longmode and shortmode. I'm at a loss to explain why, most of the buttons aren't even programmed with a longmode, but near as I can figure, it doesn't respond to the shortmode button press. Please help, it's making this very expensive panel all but impossible to use!

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 04 Jan 2019, 16:51

what plane is this with? Have you loaded up the the default C172 and used the Default SPAD online profile for this? Usually that helps with trouble shooting since it is a "simple" unit.

Since you added a new panel did you by any change install software that came with it? maybe you have conflicts between SPAD and the Logitech software if so.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 04 Jan 2019, 17:42

Think lesoreilly is onto something there and your symptoms indicate function is being activated twice when pressed. On then instantly turned off.

Other drivers won’t action a long press, but SPAD will and could be why you get the results you are with a long press also.

Sounds like one driver is cancelling the other out to me also, assuming the panel driver has also been installed.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

CaptHunt
Flight Attendant

Post by CaptHunt » 04 Jan 2019, 22:50

I have been trying with the default C172 and the default profile.

I had deleted the Saitek programming utility, but I do still get a warning that SaitekDirectOutputService is detected when I open spad, so it is possible that the drivers are still there, although I don't know why it hasn't been a problem until now. How do I clear the saitek drivers and tell the panel to use Spad instead? I'm using Windows 10.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 04 Jan 2019, 23:40

You need to uninstall the programs

CaptHunt
Flight Attendant

Post by CaptHunt » 05 Jan 2019, 21:45

lesoreilly wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 23:40
You need to uninstall the programs
I already did a search through Apps and Programs for the word "saitek" and uninstalled everything that popped up. That didn't fix it.

Hazza
Betatester

Post by Hazza » 05 Jan 2019, 22:15

Go into Services (Click the Windows icon -bottom left of screen, - and when the menu appears type in Services and you should see Services - Desktop App appear). In the Services app, find Logitech or Saitek DirectOutput service. Right-click on the service and select Stop (if available - hopefully it isn't) then right-click again and choose Properties. About halfway down the new window you will see Startup Type change that to Disabled.
Cheers

Harry

CaptHunt
Flight Attendant

Post by CaptHunt » 06 Jan 2019, 00:52

ok. I did that and am no longer getting the error, but the MP is still doing the same thing.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 06 Jan 2019, 00:56

check task manager and see if any processes running like.....
saiflightsimx
Logitech...
madcatz...
Saitek...

etc....
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com