Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

HATSWITCH PROGRAMMING

General Discussions
thedazman
Betatester

Re: HATSWITCH PROGRAMMING

Post by thedazman » 15 Dec 2018, 22:33

Yikes, starting SPAD with a PMDG, probably isn’t the best way to start learning SPAD, but by the sounds of it you seem to be doing exceptionally well so far.

Oddly enough programming buttons is generally a lot easier than dials, axis and encoders.

The PMDG reverses are typically difficult to program, in fact I spent ages getting them to work on a button. I think I had a PMDG reverser snippet that I published.

You need to step back from the PMDG for a sec and program something simple to the hat switches to prove they work with basic function maybe on a basic aircraft, like panel lights or something, so you can rule out any issue with your hat and the ability to program it. I suspect you are just running into normal issues fine tuning PMDG functions, which even seasoned SPAD programmers still have.

Try and load my PMDG reverser snippet to one of your button or hat switch and see if that works. I can’t recal exactly which variable I used, but I know I had to send it 3 times with set pauses.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

ECXGF
Flight Attendant

Post by ECXGF » 18 Dec 2018, 11:28

Thanks, Daz. I definitely followed your advice and stepped back to default planes for a while. I got two benefits from it. One is checking that things flow and work and I got a reasonable more comfortable learning curve these past days. And second is that I achived some confidence on Spadnext and the level of frustration decreased. Last night I gave onother try on the PMDG, slow pace and applying what I have learned on defaults. when I got stuck I quickly returned to my Baron profile to regain confidence and get some satisfaction.
Last night I could map the 737 reverse BUT included within the throttle axis which might be okay for turboprop but not reallistic at all with the NGX. I then tried to find your snippet for REVERSE PMDG and could not find it. Could you please show me the way to it? Thanks
Mario Castillo

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 18 Dec 2018, 13:33

Is your reverser control an axis or button.

On my 737 throttle quadrant my reverser handle just activates a switch. Shame it wasn’t built with axis, so my PMGD reverser config is just for a button (switch)

I’ll PM you the multiple event code to paste if you are also using a button.

I’ll check my profile tonight as I can’t remember what variables I ended up using in the end but had lots of problems getting it to work myself. Doesn’t help that there is more than one way of doing it.

I’ll get back to you later....

Regards Daz

ECXGF
Flight Attendant

Post by ECXGF » 18 Dec 2018, 15:28

Hi. It is a button, so your snippet should be my salvation ;) I really appreciate that you keep on supporting me.
I hope I will have the chance to make up for the effort and time somehow in the future.
Thanks again
Mario

Oh by the way. Last week I bought a couple of gauges from FIPGAUGES. Are you by chance the same Dazman who is behind that company?

ECXGF
Flight Attendant

Post by ECXGF » 18 Dec 2018, 15:33

I must be blind or stupid. Lol I have just seen the logo at the bottom of your posts. Yep, so it is you. Great and simple gauges. I am so happy with them so far. So a double thank-you

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 18 Dec 2018, 17:30

Lol my footer does give it away a bit, you are welcome.

I’m on my way home from my “real job” and will send my PMDG reverser button codes (separate for on and off) to you.

Mine works on a switch so I can use the same control,
on is on and released is off. If you are using a push button and not a switch you have several options

1) have one button to activate reverse and another button to deactivate reverse
2) have one button and program a toggle using a custom variable to turn on with one press and off with another press
3) set reverse on using a short click and off using a long click

But a lot easier if you have a switched control, but as you want to do it on a hat switch then I guess you will need to pick one of the three button press options.

Will PM you the codes in the next couple of hours...

Daz

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 18 Dec 2018, 21:04

I'm going to send you my events, but I simplified my PMDG reversers since I posted my original PMDG snippets and this is what I do currently....

I do not use PMDG variables for this and is so simple you'll cry !!

Reversers on:
GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1 to -25
GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2 to -25

Reverse off:
GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1 to 0
GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:2 to 0

It just works flawlessly. When I was using PMDG LVARS I was having to send reverser handle commands three time with very specific pauses in between

I'll send you the pasteable code via PM now..

Daz

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 18 Dec 2018, 21:20

Sorry ignore that TOTAL IDIOT, wrong profile. I do use three simulation events for ON and one for off !!

Total Donut :-)

For anyone wanting to know how to do it with the stock 737 then that previous post is for you :-)

Sending you new PM ….

Regards Daz

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 22 Dec 2018, 01:18

For the 777 PMDG I also have a Button for the Reversers.

I use the Sim Event for Throttle Decrease (per engine on 2 separate buttons).

In Spad I have the Button Repeat while held. When held for a couple of seconds the Reversers go full out. To "stow" them you just have to crack the throttles slightly forward for the Axis to set them to just above idle which stows the reversers.

I am going to look at the way DAZ is doing it to see if instead of the button Repeat method I can use the single button pressed event to send it a few times with pauses in-between. Then have the Button Release event set the Throttle value to 0.

Cool thread.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 22 Dec 2018, 08:59

To stow you just have to set simconnect throttle event to “0”.

I try not to use repeat as it send too many events. I send the simulation event three times with two 750ms pauses in between. It’s a lot clener and the sim isn’t flooded with unnecessary events.

Daz