Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Xplane 11 Custom commands / Dataref Manipulation

General Discussions
jockeyboy2_0
Betatester

Xplane 11 Custom commands / Dataref Manipulation

Post by jockeyboy2_0 » 04 Sep 2017, 13:00

Hi all,

Im currently in the trial mode of Spad.next and looking for some help. I am trying to create a profile for the Carenado 208 , a lot of the switches can be manipulated by Xplane default Datarefs however there are some that are custom.

I used flywithLUa to create my own Datarefs and my own Custom Commands to manipulate these.

On reading the forums here it tells me that I have to create a DataRefs.txt file in the aircraft folder and put the the information in there so I can use with spad.next. Which I have done ..
Example
com/dkmp/FuelBoost int y Fuelboost

where is this then found within SPad.next for me to program to the Fuel switch on the switch panel.
it would seem pretty pointless if we were to wait until some one added all the Custom datarefs that aircraft publishers use before spad.next can access them.

Once I have this it will take me no time at all to start generating profiles in xplane.

Rgds
Lee

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Xplane 11 Custom commands / Dataref Manipulation

Post by c0nnex » 05 Sep 2017, 22:02

It will be available in X-Plane/com ... in the dataref browser in SPAD.neXt.

However I also provide a tool on request to "capture" all datarefs from a 3rd party aircraft to add them to SPAD.neXt. Just open a ticket to get it.

jockeyboy2_0
Betatester

Post by jockeyboy2_0 » 06 Sep 2017, 09:38

C0nnex,

Many thanks for the reply, all sorted now.
What I am planning is to create , smaller profiles, Rather than a full aircraft profile but a profile that contains only the settings for the KFC150 Autopilot for the multi Panel, which can then be copied as a whole device to another users Multipanel for their full aircraft profile. Once I have the Logic and the profile for the KFC150 then I will do another.

MarkH
Flight Attendant

Post by MarkH » 06 Sep 2017, 19:01

Can I tailgate this question please, as my similar one over in the registered forum seems to have been overlooked. I am looking for particular core datarefs that seem to be missing, although a tool to harvest custom datarefs from add-ons sounds helpful.

Ta.

jockeyboy2_0
Betatester

Post by jockeyboy2_0 » 06 Sep 2017, 19:13

Hi Mark,

What are you looking for ? I haven't Bought the software yet ( Still in my trial ) so cant see your post. Im pretty good with flywithlua and datarefs so perhaps I can help.

Lee

MarkH
Flight Attendant

Post by MarkH » 06 Sep 2017, 21:57

jockeyboy2_0 wrote:Hi Mark,

What are you looking for ? I haven't Bought the software yet ( Still in my trial ) so cant see your post. Im pretty good with flywithlua and datarefs so perhaps I can help.

Lee
Thanks. I need this:

sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/starter_hit[8]

I can see it in the dataref tool but SPAD.neXt doesn't show it. It looks like an array of eight boolean values (presumably we can have up to eight engines), each of which goes to 1 while the respective starter is held down.

jockeyboy2_0
Betatester

Post by jockeyboy2_0 » 07 Sep 2017, 00:51

From what I believe , although I haven't look too deep yet so only assuming and from experience of Carenado Aircraft , that the dataref you mention is read only,

the dataref to switch the left engine to start would be :
com/dkmp/StartL values of 0 = off 1 = R magneto 2 = L Magneto 3 = Both 4= Start

Right Engine
com/dkmp/StartR << Same values as above

Just confirmed , The dataref sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/starter_hit[8] is read only ( use the dataref tool and try to change it , it will revert back to 0 )

if you want to know if a core dataref is read only or not , look at the file : X-plane 11\resources\plugins\datarefs.txt

Line 3414
sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/starter_hit int[8] n boolean True while the starter motor is engaged

Key
Dataref
Type
writeable

To access the carenado dataref within spad.next you must create a file called Datarefs.txt within the aircraft folder
in this file type the following :
com/dkmp/StartL
com/dkmp/StartR

Spad.next will default these to a number (int) and will be available in the change data value
X-Plane/com.

MarkH
Flight Attendant

Post by MarkH » 07 Sep 2017, 20:03

jockeyboy2_0 wrote: To access the carenado dataref within spad.next you must create a file called Datarefs.txt within the aircraft folder
in this file type the following :
com/dkmp/StartL
com/dkmp/StartR

Spad.next will default these to a number (int) and will be available in the change data value
X-Plane/com.
Thanks, that looked like it was going to be helpful but unfortunately those two datarefs don't seem to control the starters. They also do not change when I manipulate the starters in the VC. I wonder if there might be some other (writable) datarefs associated with the starter_hit[] array?

Sigh.

jockeyboy2_0
Betatester

Post by jockeyboy2_0 » 07 Sep 2017, 20:46

Mark,

there is also datarefs :
com/dkmp/StartLman the same values as before
com/dkmp/StartRman

I have edited these in the Datareftool , they are writeable and they also move the position of the cockpit switch
dataref: com/dkmp/StartL

At position 4 for a start they will return to position 3 if you just edit them so it would need hardware to move them to position 4 and keep them there until start.

MarkH
Flight Attendant

Post by MarkH » 07 Sep 2017, 21:16

jockeyboy2_0 wrote:Mark,

there is also datarefs :
com/dkmp/StartLman the same values as before
com/dkmp/StartRman

I have edited these in the Datareftool , they are writeable and they also move the position of the cockpit switch
dataref: com/dkmp/StartL

At position 4 for a start they will return to position 3 if you just edit them so it would need hardware to move them to position 4 and keep them there until start.
Yes, I am using hardware switches to control them so that's what I want. But these datarefs don't do it either. I wonder if it is because I am using the REP with the Carenado Baron. I will try uninstalling the REP and seeing if it makes a difference. It may be I need to ask in the Simcoders forum if so.