Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

BIP Tiles Homemade

Discussion about special hardware
aplus10
Donator

BIP Tiles Homemade

Post by aplus10 » 26 Jan 2017, 23:57

My solution for tiles which did not come with the BIP was to sand the dark paint off to the opaque white tile body. Easy, took just a few minutes with light grit sandpaper, then repaint the top surface a flat black or charcoal, this keep the 4 mounting prongs intact. (I did both colors - 1 coat each) I found a local sign/trophy store that did laser etching. Arial Bold 12 and the results are nearly perfect. For under $50.00 US, i am quite pleased.

Mike Shields Aplus10
ORIG SANDED.JPG
FINISHED.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gbg_ice
Passenger

Re: BIP Tiles Homemade

Post by gbg_ice » 29 Jan 2017, 14:21

I am thinking to do almost the same as you! But I will try to order a manufacture small adhesive stickers and just put it on!

If that is not working then I think do like you did!
Thanks
///icE

aplus10
Donator

Post by aplus10 » 30 Jan 2017, 00:46

Good idea. I tried using the sanded tiles to 1. Using adhesive transparent labels reverses printed but the light bled through the black background. 2. Glossy Photo the black background didn't bleed but the letters were too dim. I tried making individual 1" tiles with glossy photo paper, sandwiched between clear plastic, taped directly over the light - too dim and did not match the normal tiles. And since I had so many unused tiles ..... Let know. I'll post a working photo,
Best Regards
Mike Shields
Mike Shields / Aplus10
Registered Owner

gixxar
Flight Attendant

Post by gixxar » 06 Mar 2017, 19:25

Try this, a very cool and useful piece of software.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi ... anels-bip/