Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

SimConnect Support for X-Plane

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket

Offer a X-Plane SimConnect plugin?

Yes, definitly a MUST-HAVE!
50%
No, there are enough X-Plane plugins that give me what i need
5%
I don't care. What is X-Plane?
44%

Total votes: 493

c0nnex
Site Admin

SimConnect Support for X-Plane

Post by c0nnex » 12 Dec 2016, 19:43

Since I already developed a SimConnect<->X-Plane transcription for fip gauges, the way to go, to offer a "X-Plane SimConnect plugin", to make X-Plane (fully) SimConnect compatible is not that hard.
This would enable you to use any SimConnect-requiring addin to connect to X-Plane. (well not any, some features might not be usable with X-Plane, because X-Plane does not support them)

What do you think about that idea?
Please state in the comments, which SimConnect-Enabled plugin/extension/tool you would like to use with X-Plane.

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Re: SimConnect Support for X-Plane

Post by Oz Flyer » 13 Dec 2016, 10:47

I have voted "I don't care" at this time as I am not really into X-Plane.
But if I was to ever really get into it as a full time replacement to FSX then I would go "must have" as I would like to have it all done as a "One Stop Shop" and better support for the product and not have many devs pointing there fingers at one another if things do not work. Been there and got nowhere.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

RogCamp
First Officer

Post by RogCamp » 14 Dec 2016, 08:56

I would like to see X Plane as supported by simconnect as possible cause at the moment there is not much available for online snippets that can be used with X Plane only thing at the moment as far as I can see is the X Plane profile.
As far as I can see It would make using Spad with X Plane much easier and not be as prone to people picking a snippet that is not compatible.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 26 Dec 2016, 11:51

Using sim connect instructions to operate any sim is obviously going to be a easier option for SPAD.neXt newbies and seasoned programmers alike

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 26 Dec 2016, 17:21

This not about SPAD.neXt support picking SimConnect data ...

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 24 Jan 2017, 21:24

I have FSiPanel which does use SimConnect. Though as I have said before in other comments (well sort of anyway it had to do with system failures not all the features of FSiPanel) I think if you made a plugin that did similar things as FSiPanel people would just add it instead of having to run another app.

Ivan74
Passenger

Post by Ivan74 » 27 Aug 2017, 13:16

c0nnex wrote:Since I already developed a SimConnect<->X-Plane transcription for fip gauges, the way to go, to offer a "X-Plane SimConnect plugin", to make X-Plane (fully) SimConnect compatible is not that hard.
This would enable you to use any SimConnect-requiring addin to connect to X-Plane. (well not any, some features might not be usable with X-Plane, because X-Plane does not support them)

What do you think about that idea?
Please state in the comments, which SimConnect-Enabled plugin/extension/tool you would like to use with X-Plane.
The list of add-ons using SimConnect is extremely long(just thinking of all of the efb) and having a SimConnect plugin for X-Plane will certainly be an additional boost to the ongoing X-plane 11 trend.

Development wise what is your guesstimate of man-days?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 27 Aug 2017, 17:35

Well it should be something around 10-15 MD , dependuing on which functions are needed. To Implement 100% all SImCOnnect function will take far longer.
That's why i asked for, which plugins would be most usefull, to have a look at them and see which SimCOnnect-Functions they use.

akports
Passenger

Post by akports » 19 Aug 2018, 23:32

Just wondering if there exist simmconnect for xplane, would love it for psxseecon!!