Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Possible to get better FeelThere EJets-2 Integration?

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
lesoreilly
Captain

Possible to get better FeelThere EJets-2 Integration?

Post by lesoreilly » 10 Oct 2016, 02:37

I bought the EJets V2 from Steam a while back when they were on a one of the big sales (I bought a bunch of add ons at the time) and just have now gotten around to trying to put in the time to "Learn" them as they do have the higher level than lots of the other Add ons. They are no PMDG but still for something that you can download from Steam not bad.

I have been working at it with the LVARS and I have to say it is a bit of a pain :( The LVARS and Monitor seem great -- Only you can change the LVARS directly. Seems like if you try to just set the LVAR directly the SIM switches it right back to what was defined in the cockpit. Instead you need to make conditions and then use "Clicks" as in sim data that simulates a mouse click???? For things like Lights and 2 mode switches this is fine -- cumbersome but manageable -- however the more complex items like a 3 setting switch or an Auto Brake (yeah that is sarcasm) are a nightmare trying to define everything based on positions and mouse clicks.

There is the Odd FSX default commands that work -- Weird but APU Start works?? Not the Engine starts though. As for Radios -- well they sort of work as the FMS seems to have it's own Activate Button and it's own Standby Frequency. In a way this is kind of cool as now there is a way to have a second Standby.

Auto Pilot functions are also not controlled by the default commands -- however things like Heading, CRS, IAS Speed Setting, ALT and VS "Knobs" are. But you can use the Standard AP Functions to enable Autopilot modes. Also the Master AP and the Auto Throttle Masters don't work either. They even decided to support their own TOGA instead of using those that were inside. Anyway not sure if there is a way to write values direct to the LVARS but if it is would love to have this feature implemented. I have a weird Love/Hate with the E190 series.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Possible to get better FeelThere EJets-2 Integration?

Post by c0nnex » 10 Oct 2016, 13:54

A quick research says that you would most likely need to use Keyboard-Events to remote control the Feelthere Ejets.
Since it supports the GoFlight AP Module, it might be possible that the Project Magenta Offsets ( available in current Beta of SPAD.neXt) might help to work with the MCP.

Since I don't own the Feelthere EJets cannot look into it any further.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 10 Oct 2016, 21:23

All Good -- If you don't own them you can't do much with them :) I figured out a little bit more on how to use the LVAR Click events they have present. In a way a little "dumb" since they should just allow all of the LVARS to be written to -- or make the Click LVARS be a Write LVAR. Anyway basically first look at the current LVAR state then use the Clicks events. For switches that have 2 place just use the SET 1 value as that issues a toggle. Now i find i need to put some time between the Check of the LVAR and the Send of the LVAR.

As for switches with multiple positions -- Well you need to use the SET 1 to turn Clockwise and SET -1 to Turn Counter Clockwise.

Lot's of the MCP/CDU/FMS values are non existent. I have sent in a request for any additional information since the Keyboard Commands will be hard to use if the State of the Variable is not reachable. I also asked that they include new LVARS if possible for most of this so that SPAD.NEXT can easily work with them. We will see what happens. Will be a shame if I have to throw these away -- I don't want to use Keyboard and Mouse for lots of these functions :)

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 10 Oct 2016, 21:58

Maybe give Beta 56 a try. It has an Event Monitor, maybe something can be done with the ROTOR_BRAKE like for other addon aircraft.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 20 Oct 2016, 23:24

I am Fumbling through this :) Getting some things accomplished it seems.

I contacted the publisher and they basically told me to go away :)

What they said was -- We are busy on current projects and might consider going back to these aircraft later to add this kind of functionality :(

I pressed on about the fact that they support the GoFlight MCP product and could they publish the documentation for that access -- since it does mean that it is possible to trigger these. It was not clear if this is FSUIPC or if this is a software plug in that you have to run. They told me NO -- they will not share this information.

So I guess I would recommend that if anyone here wanted to consider this companies Planes for Purchase I would warn you away for now -- Or suggest that you contact them first and demand this support before you buy.

They already have all of my money so my request is a "ZERO VALUE" request. I bought from them all of the EJETS, 135/145 and 145LR plus the Phenom. They were on Steam and during a sale, but it is still money that they made.

As I get more of the Profile Rounded out I will Make sure to publish it online.

Current Status:

Switch Panel mostly populated and able to perform The tasks of Power up thru Start up and preflight.
-- Still need to figure out the Windshield ICE though.
Rotary mapped to AutoBrake -- Can get out of Sync if you start up and are not in the R position to match Off. So sometimes I just Turn Full Clockwise to get them both to the end (the EJet195 has 5 positions but your essentially sending +1 or -1 CLICKS as you can't just write the DATA of the LVAR.)

MultiPanel
-- So All of the Default values for Course, HDG, IAS, VS and ALT are used by the Sim however I am working on getting all of the AP button Events to work correctly. Having to Resort to checking Data Values of the Default Sim but issuing Keyboard Commands -- i.e. Trying to set the Data Value of the AP MASTER will just result in the SIM flipping it back to OFF unless you assign this through a Keyboard Command -- Same Thing for Auto Throttle ARM.

Radio Panel(s)
So Far All of the Radio Functions seem to work just like they always have -- Control of the Audio Panel functions don't seem to be working -- I will tackle those after I am done with the MP but I assume it is going to be the same type of approach where I will need to use Data Values as constraints then issue Keyboard commands

Throttle QDS
Sim Defaults for Spoilers, Throttles, Reversers, Flaps all work. Buttons assigned for Engine Start/Stop on the same button as they can use the LVAR Data to determine the state of the engine -- Note I use the CockpitPH throttle Box with Overlay so these buttons have Engine Start etc on them. Also put Smoking and Belts on some buttons as well These are done with LVAR "Clicks" and do have State LVARS so I might move them to empty Switches on the Switch panel instead or to the TPM Switches. Parking Brake also uses the standard Flight Sim Function.

FIPS

Mostly the Freeware Jet Gauges that are out there and buttons for functions like ATC, Eyepoint position, Knobs for InHG / IAS / ALT / VS / N1 type events but nothing that is truly dedicated to the FeelThere EJets

Yoke (cessna)

All of the Standard FSX Axis are maintained as is Electric Trim control so nothing special there. Function Button for TakeOff Check (LVAR) added also doing KEYBOARD Switches for things like AT and AP Disable. There are a couple of buttons you can map in the Feel There configuration but I don't think they can really work if SPAD is picking up the commands -- Plus it does not understand the Mode Switch so you would probably have to keep the button unassigned in SPAD on all Modes if your to use that. Trying to see if all 3 functions can be done with Keyboard mapping. If so then I can just map it all in SPAD.

NOTE ABOUT KEYBOARD MAPPING!!! The Default Installation of the feel there EJets does not have these Key Mappings assigned -- there is only 4 or 5 that are assigned. So even if you were to take one of the Panels I have you would have to go into the configuration to add the same Keyboard Short Cuts. One of the things I am trying to figure out is what short cuts I need to delete from the FSX Mapping to make available for the EJets Tool. This is the next step before flushing out the rest of these Data constraints then trigger Keyboard Commands.

WOW that was long -- sorry :) As you can see a Developer that does not supply ALL of the DATA to LVARS or Allow changes written to default to work (instead the sim always changes it back to what it thinks it should be -- i.e. set AP MASTER to 1 via SPAD and the SIM will immediately Set AP MASTER to 0 as you did not press the AP button on the MCP. However unlike the OverHead and most of the Pedestal there are no LVARS for these sections -- Same for the FMS/CDU only the Knob seems to offer LVARs that you can "trigger".