Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

ETS2/ATS & Saitek Multipanel

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
The90sFreak
Passenger

ETS2/ATS & Saitek Multipanel

Post by The90sFreak » 06 Oct 2021, 17:47

I’ve downloaded and running trial version of Spad.Next and I'm thinking hard about buying it, but it only makes sense to me, if I can bring my Saitek Multipanel to life under ETS2/ATS. Somehow it doesn't want to come together for me at all. I didn't find any guide of this on the net. Can someone help me how to display trip data and other on-the-fly data (e.g. current speed, actual cruise control speed etc.) on the screen?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: ETS2/ATS & Saitek Multipanel

Post by c0nnex » 07 Oct 2021, 00:33

Enable ETS Support in Settins->Application->Simulation
The you will have a whle bunch of data unter SCS in the databrowser to play with.
Note: Due to limitations of the SCS Api , everything is readonly. To send evetns back to ETS/ATS you need to send Keyboard commands.

The90sFreak
Passenger

Post by The90sFreak » 07 Oct 2021, 10:12

c0nnex wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 00:33
Enable ETS Support in Settins->Application->Simulation
The you will have a whle bunch of data unter SCS in the databrowser to play with.
Note: Due to limitations of the SCS Api , everything is readonly. To send evetns back to ETS/ATS you need to send Keyboard commands.
Thanks for your quick reply c0nnex! Sorry, my original post wasn’t detailed enough, but of course ETS / ATS is enabled in the app and yes, I found the data that should be read (e.g. SCS:TRUCK/CURRENT/DASHBOARD/CRUISECONTROLSPEED/KPH Local variable), but unfortunately no data comes from the game, values are always 0 (zero), and Multipanel screen remains blank. These two symptoms may come from two different issues, because I think at least zero should appear on the display. Anyway, values of boolean variables are available because I can work with them under conditions, so the connection is established with the game, but the values of any numeric variables is always zero.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 07 Oct 2021, 22:38

Hmm most likely spad was not allowed to enable the SCS SDK. Do you get the SDK Enabled warning in ETS?

Start SPD.neXt as administrator (Right click->Run as Administrator) once to have it set the according registry values, if not.

I'll check tomorrow if SCS made any API changes.

The90sFreak
Passenger

Post by The90sFreak » 07 Oct 2021, 23:01

Yes, when I start ETS, I'm getting a warning that it detects the SDK is enabled, so I think that part is okay.
I've already ran SPAD several times as Administrator.

I would really appreciate if you check if there is any API change by SCS that is causing the above anomaly.