Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Changing altitude increment from 100 to 1000 and back

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
rockclimbergeek
Passenger

Changing altitude increment from 100 to 1000 and back

Post by rockclimbergeek » 17 Dec 2020, 13:07

Hello! I'm new at this, so if someone has already figured out how to do this please let me know. I couldn't find something that worked in the forum though.

I have a saitek radio panel and I'm trying to have the "Activate Pressed (short)" event trigger a change of the increment value of the "ALTITUDE LOCK VAR". Basically, I want the outer or inner dial to modify the altitude setting by 1000ft, and then click the activate button to change the increment to 100ft so I can use the same dial to change to say 4800ft. Even shorter, I want to do all the things with one dial (100ft or 1000ft).

The first approach I was hoping for was to create a local variable, call it VAR_LOC_INCREMENT_VALUE from 100 to 1000 upon the activate button click, or from 1000 to 100 on the click, based on the value that was already there. It seems when I create two Events for the same button click, neither will fire, or only one will fire for one direction of these changes. This is second to the issue that the clockwise/counterclockwise dials do not allow me the option to increment by a value of a selected local variable. I feel like this would be a good enhancement? Maybe?

The second approach I tried was to set a local variable, call it VAR_LOC_INCREMENTSELECTION to say -1 or 1, and then create conditionals on the clockwise/counterclockwise events so that "if VAR_LOC_INCREMENTSELECTION == -1" change by 100, and creating a second event for the dial so that "if VAR_LOC_INCREMENTSELECTION == 1" change by 1000.

The problem with these is that it seems when I have multiple events for the same input mechanism that neither will fire, or that only one will fire the first time but the opposite one will not. Am I missing something on how to correctly do this?

Thanks in advance.

thedazman
Betatester

Re: Changing altitude increment from 100 to 1000 and back

Post by thedazman » 29 Dec 2020, 01:32

Unfortunately you can’t increment one variable the amount of another variable within the UI.

Best option is to either toggle your local variable between 0 and 1 or set to 1 on press and 0 on release if you don’t want a toggle and then you have to add the condition in all events ie if my variable equals 0 then increment lock var 100 and a separate one for if my variable equals 1 then increment lock var 1000 and repeat for counter clockwise so you will end up with 4 events two for 1000 and two for 100 in each direction.

And repeat for other controls

Personally I use press to shift the numbers up and release to restore to slower.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Changing altitude increment from 100 to 1000 and back

Post by c0nnex » 29 Dec 2020, 05:40

rockclimbergeek wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 13:07
The first approach I was hoping for was to create a local variable, call it VAR_LOC_INCREMENT_VALUE from 100 to 1000 upon the activate button click, or from 1000 to 100 on the click, based on the value that was already there. It seems when I create two Events for the same button click, neither will fire, or only one will fire for one direction of these changes. This is second to the issue that the clockwise/counterclockwise dials do not allow me the option to increment by a value of a selected local variable. I feel like this would be a good enhancement? Maybe?
Will add that to next Beta. It should work anyway, dunno why i disabled it.
rockclimbergeek wrote:
17 Dec 2020, 13:07
The second approach I tried was to set a local variable, call it VAR_LOC_INCREMENTSELECTION to say -1 or 1, and then create conditionals on the clockwise/counterclockwise events so that "if VAR_LOC_INCREMENTSELECTION == -1" change by 100, and creating a second event for the dial so that "if VAR_LOC_INCREMENTSELECTION == 1" change by 1000.

The problem with these is that it seems when I have multiple events for the same input mechanism that neither will fire, or that only one will fire the first time but the opposite one will not. Am I missing something on how to correctly do this?
I just checked that and it works as expected:
Screenshot_2.png
Please open a ticket, with the profile, where this does not work correctly, loaded. I'll have a look
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.