Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Change panel profiles besides entire profile

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Change panel profiles besides entire profile

Post by Clutch Cargo » 31 Aug 2020, 19:51

I am not sure if one can already do this, I could not find a way so I am listing this under feature ideas. I am starting from scratch to create a new profile. I went through each of my hardware panels and selected a default/published profile to get started. An MCP Pro profile displays an error message each time I now start SPADnext.

Is it possible to go back to that panel and select a different profile to try? As said, I cannot find a way other than starting fresh with a whole new profile. But that means I would have to go through each panel and re-select again. I might have a panel with a lot of customization (BIP for example), but there would be no way to add it back in?

So in short what I am asking is a way to mix-n-match different panel profiles to then save a whole new overall profile.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Change panel profiles besides entire profile

Post by c0nnex » 01 Sep 2020, 10:31

You can always reimport a device profile if it's from the online snippets. It will ask you if you want to overwrite exiting programming.

The way profiles are currently organized in SPAD.neXt makes it a bit tricky to get a device from profile a to profile b.
Open Profile A, select the device you want to copy over, press the little arrow next to the "Edit Event"-Button and select Copy->Complete Device
The open profile B, head to the target device and either press Ctrl-V or Little-Arrow->Paste

It is currently being worked on to reference devices in other profiles. Basically you will have a local snippet database in future, where you can store device-profiles/snippets and grab that as needed, and also be able to reference such a snippet in a profile, so if that snippet changes any profile using it will be updated.

Since MSFS Release came around the corner a lot earlier than expected, this development is currently behind schedule.

Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Post by Clutch Cargo » 01 Sep 2020, 19:38

Appreciate the update. So for now it is digging in a little deeper with copy/paste/editing with xml. I'll mess with that for now. Hopefully you'll consider a more robust way to switch out panels as time allows but for now this should work. All the best.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 01 Sep 2020, 23:13

By open Profile , i mean open in SPAD.neXt.
It's not recommended to mess with the profile xml's ;)

Clutch Cargo
First Officer

Post by Clutch Cargo » 03 Sep 2020, 03:03

Just in case any other simmers come across this, I sort of discovered what I was looking to achieve. As mentioned, I created a new, empty aircraft profile. But I had a BIP panel with 32 custom actions. I did not want to recreate all those. What I did was open my old profile with that BIP panel and discovered under 'Edit Event' I could copy it by selecting 'Complete Device'. Which I did and then pasted that onto the new empty BIB. So I was able to take one panel and replace it with another. :)