Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

FSX time Saitek Yoke

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
thedoc
Passenger

FSX time Saitek Yoke

Post by thedoc » 03 Aug 2016, 22:15

Hi!

I've searched the forum and came across this thread http://www.fsgs.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... lock#p5062. I'm sorry in advance if this topic has been resolved but what's the status to this chalange?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: FSX time Saitek Yoke

Post by c0nnex » 03 Aug 2016, 22:49

ah good question. I posted the current status only in the internal beta subforum, so here's the current official status:

Technically everything has been identified to support the Clock-Buttons as well as sending time-values to the Yoke Display.

Unfortunately the Saitek-Yoke Systemdriver does not offer any option (even no undocumented) to prevent the driver from sending the time to the Yoke. It's hard coded, non changeable. Also, due to the Windows Driver Security it's not possible to patch the driver. Windows security immediately replaces the patched version with the official one.

There are 3 possible options to proceed with this:

(a) Overwrite the time on yoke every second. Tests have shown this is possible, however sometimes the yoke crashes if SPAD.neXt and Systemdriver try to write the time to the device at the same moment. Since no Saitek Driver offers a possibility to "powercycle" the device, a unplug+replug of the device is required if this happens.

(b) Uninstall the Saitek Yoke Systemdriver and provide an own driver. There are currently no plans to pursue this idea, as it would involve quite some work (time and possibly money to get the driver signed by MS) and I do not see enough community requests for it. If I ever start working on this, this feature will definitely be a payware-addon.
(Own driver is needed, because else Windows will not recognize the yoke as joystick anymore and it would be unusable for anything but SPAD.neXt)

(c) Enough Yoke owners ask Saitek support to provide an option in the Yoke Systemdriver to disable the time updates to provide own time values. I don't think this will ever happen, but who knows, maybe Saitek will do something if enough people ask for it.

As of today there a no plans to implement anything of this.
If the demand is high enough, I will provide support for writing the time to the yoke if Saitek yoke driver is uninstalled. (rendering the yoke useless for anything but SPAD.neXt)

thedoc
Passenger

Re: FSX time Saitek Yoke

Post by thedoc » 04 Aug 2016, 00:22

Thank you for taking the time to write this clarifying answer.

It would be nice to have but it seems like to much job for little. Spend your time continuing improvement of this already nice piece of software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk