Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

C# Scripting Support questions

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
dhleong
Betatester

C# Scripting Support questions

Post by dhleong » 03 Aug 2016, 05:50

Hello,

I see C# Scripting is listed on the roadmap as nearly complete but missing documentation. Is this accessible in the released version in any form? I have some ideas to really make full use of my one, lonely multipanel, but it would be much simpler to just dive into some code than work through the GUI.

To this end, I have a quick question/request: will we be able to have our C# control of panels be in separate files/directories, so we could, for example, have a whole profile for a panel in just C# with source control via git or others?

Thanks!

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: C# Scripting Support questions

Post by c0nnex » 03 Aug 2016, 22:22

dhleong wrote: I see C# Scripting is listed on the roadmap as nearly complete but missing documentation. Is this accessible in the released version in any form? I have some ideas to really make full use of my one, lonely multipanel, but it would be much simpler to just dive into some code than work through the GUI.
It's not possible to access/activate the C#-Scripting in current public release as of today.
dhleong wrote: To this end, I have a quick question/request: will we be able to have our C# control of panels be in separate files/directories, so we could, for example, have a whole profile for a panel in just C# with source control via git or others?
You can already organize your profiles in subfolders right now (undocumented feature):
Just create a subfolder below the profiles directory and place profiles in there. It will appear as new button in the "profiles" menu.
Direct VCS-Support (git/cvs/hg/svn) is currently not planned, however you can of course put the profile-folder under a version control like git.
(that's how i do it: profiles folder is under source control using git.
I'm running SPAD.neXt via a script, which will pull the folders before starting and commit and push changes after exiting)

As of now, the C# Scripts are part of a Profile-xml , as they are currently literally nothing else but snippets which do not define an event but define functions that will be called automatically.
However, it sounds like a good idea to put the scripts into separate files. I'll think about a concept the next weeks.