Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

BIP suggestion

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
racketyjack
Flight Attendant

BIP suggestion

Post by racketyjack » 07 Feb 2016, 20:24

I'd sure like to see some sort of drag and drop ability to configure BIP panels kind of like, dare I say it, the Saitek config program. It'd be a whole lot easier than trying to figure out the programming for each button. You could still retain the more involved method at present of configuration perhaps for those able to understand and spend the time. I for one am not a programmer and having to learn what all the dropdowns mean is exceedingly time consuming. I just want to fire up and fly, not program 2 dozen lights.
It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Noli timere

thedazman
Betatester

Re: BIP suggestion

Post by thedazman » 07 Feb 2016, 20:39

lol would be nice but....

the Saitek config had less than 80 or so plates. SPAD.neXt has, dare I say thousands !

Unfortunately the drop down UI is universal for all devices and panels and while I too love drag and drop the shear number of available functions doesn't make that a feasible option.

There has been some talk about making the original plates available in a quick list of sorts and I think this is still on the cards, but my best advise is don't limit yourself to old functions.

If you stick with the physical plastic plates that come with the panel you are never going to break free of the plate limitations.

I've printed my own plates therefore ditched the physical plates in favour to the thousands of available functions.

Regards Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

racketyjack
Flight Attendant

Post by racketyjack » 07 Feb 2016, 20:49

Thanks for the reply Daz, but honestly, I don't see me LEARNING, much less using thousands of functions. Seems like some common ones for say the FSX and P3D stock aircraft and some of the more popular addon aircraft would cover most peoples' needs. I fly the A2A Cessna and some of the single engine propjobs. Considering how few annunciator lights they actually have and use, I don't think its a huge request. Sometimes, making things too complicated are a turn off. We're talking generic instruments here. Just a thought.
It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Noli timere

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 07 Feb 2016, 20:58

A2A uses LVARS and I suspect default plates wouldn't even work on those. As more aircraft profiles become available this might be the best way of obtaining BIP templates for "Special" aircrafts.

I totally get where you are coming from, SPAD.neXt open up a whole new world and can be a little daunting. Sure it's a nice to have quick templates for aircraft. Not having any A2A aircraft myself does the A2A profiles not include any preconfigured BIP layouts ?

Daz

racketyjack
Flight Attendant

Post by racketyjack » 07 Feb 2016, 21:11

Yeah well, I have spent WAAYYYY too much time trying to figure out the freaking BIP, much less the other panels. A number of functions on the other panels don't work, this after using some of the few profiles I found on the boards here. The few times Ive actually been able to fly, I still wind up clicking on the virtual cockpit because some feature or the other doesn't work. Saitek apparently has their collective head up their butts and haven't come out with any kind of drivers for win10 and P3D, much less something people can actually configure. I'm sitting right now in front of my 5 panels and not a one of them is working like they are supposed to. I'm just about ready to send all this stuff back where it came from and get goflight gear. At least they have up to date drivers.

Sorry, its just this is getting old. I JUST WANT TO FLY!

Noli timere

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 07 Feb 2016, 21:16

release the frustration and fly some stock aircraft.

I'm sure someone has an A2A ready made profile out there for the other panels. Unfortunately the BIP is very personalised.

Hope someone with A2A profiles can come to your rescue.

Daz

racketyjack
Flight Attendant

Post by racketyjack » 08 Feb 2016, 03:11

Maybe what we can do is make a list of the different settings for different plates. Then all they have to do is paste them into the "edit" portion of the plate and eventually come up with the BIP of their dreams.

I can start it out with a few I know to work for the A2A Cessna 172.

STALL WARNING...

<Event BoundTo="BIP_1_4" isEnabled="true">
<EventValues>
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEOFF" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:036C" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEGREEN" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:036C" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEYELLOW" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="1" Parameter="0000:036C" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUERED" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:036C" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEREDBLINK" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:036C" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUENAME" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="Stall Warning" Parameter="0000:036C" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
</EventValues>
</Event>

GEAR UP, GEAR DOWN, and ENGINE FIRE...

<Event BoundTo="BIP_3_7" isEnabled="true">
<EventValues>
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEOFF" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEGREEN" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEYELLOW" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUERED" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEREDBLINK" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUENAME" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="Gear Up" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
</EventValues>
</Event>
<Event BoundTo="BIP_3_8" isEnabled="true">
<EventValues>
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEOFF" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEGREEN" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="16383" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEYELLOW" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUERED" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEREDBLINK" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUENAME" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="Gear Down" Parameter="0000:0BE8" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
</EventValues>
</Event>
<Event BoundTo="BIP_1_1" isEnabled="true">
<EventValues>
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEOFF" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:3366" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEGREEN" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:3366" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEYELLOW" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:3366" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUERED" Comparator="Ignore" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="0" Parameter="0000:3366" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUEREDBLINK" Comparator="Mask" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="1" Parameter="0000:3366" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
<EventValue xsi:type="SPADOffsetEventValue" Key="VALUENAME" Comparator="Equals" Mode="FSUIPC" Value="ENG FIRE" Parameter="0000:3366" ConfigID="OFFSET" ReadOnly="false" />
</EventValues>
</Event>

Noli timere

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 08 Feb 2016, 14:40

Just a short notice:

To use that snippets direct Profile-File editing is required, those snippets are not compatible with the copy & paste function. Editing the profile-file directly can render your profile useless for SPAD.neXt