Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

GPS Display on FIP's

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
OldAirmail
Donator

Re: GPS Display on FIP's

Post by OldAirmail » 28 Jan 2016, 04:40

You're in luck. I just remembered where I saw this.

I've never tried it, so I don't know how well it'll work.

Putting the GPS onto the FIP

As to a small screen for when your graphics card has all it's ports occupied try using a Plugable USB to VGA / DVI / HDMI Video Graphics Adapter.

Even the USB 2 is fast enough to watch a movie on a 23 inch monitor, I've done it.

For a low cost 7 inch monitor try this - 7 Inch TFT Color LCD VGA/AV Car monitor/computer - £24.29.

If you go that way, instead of the FIT-GPS, then make sure that you use the Enhanced Garmin 500W GPS Unit (500WX) mentioned above.
1 Saitek Switch Panel, 1 Radio Panel, 1 Multi Panel, 1 BIP, 1 FIP,
1 Saitek Rudder Pedal,
1 Saitek Throttle, 1 Saitek TPM, 1 Desktop Aviator GPS, 1 CH Yoke

Registered

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 28 Jan 2016, 08:00

Hi OldAirmail,

I have seen and used that software before it is OK but it mirrors an open window.

You open the GPS or any window and then set a mask around the window setting top left bottom right and what ever is inside the box is displayed on the FIP.

This is OK if you have the room on your monitors to leave window open all the time.

I am thinking a small 7" USB monitor and an USB I/O card or old puled apart keyboard will be the way to go.

Just need to save some $$$ and there a other things (another FIP being one) on the list first.

If I am lucky someone in this group may work out how to turn a FIP into a real USB monitor.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 28 Jan 2016, 08:17

Just before all go mad now ....

In February/March there will be a (payware) Addon available for SPAD.neXt called "DesktopCockpit" (work title).
It will allow you to create a virtual cockpit, place gauges and buttons/switches freely on it. This DesktoCockpit can then be rendered to any monitor (including USB ones for touch eg) and brings full FIP functionality and a bit more like e.g. native aircraft gauge support. (You can eg. render the PMDG MFD on it then) No screen grabbing etc involved so it'll not stress the sim at all.
Completely remote capable. In a Proof of Concept the last days, I had the DesktopCockpit running virtually completely remote controlling an aircraft a friend of mine flew 2000 miles away!

If someone is interested there is also the possibility to grab screen-regions from the sim and display them on a FIP.
Not making it a real monitor but close to. Due to the limitations of the FIP-Device, this might however not be a very satisfactorily experience....

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 28 Jan 2016, 09:10

Thanks for the update Ulrich that well within my time frame.
If I can display things like the GPS on a fIP and have the buttons work the GPS controls I will be very happy.
I await its release and thanks for the great work you do.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 14 Mar 2016, 18:11

Another option is to use FLTPLN GO on the iPad which has a connection app that can run on FSX -- Then it can send SIM data of the GPS to it for MAP and Routes. Also good as you can download all of the Airways and Airport Plates.