Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Other sims than FSX/P3D and auto profile switch

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
_michal
Passenger

Other sims than FSX/P3D and auto profile switch

Post by _michal » 13 Dec 2015, 22:17

I've just bought registered version to show my support for this awesome software.

I fly most of the sims available today, but my two favourites are FSX and Falcon 4 BMS. I've just started working on the dedicated profile for Falcon 4 BMS. I'm using keyboard shortuts and switch panel mostly, but I'll probably use the quadrant as well. I don't think it's easy to get the LEDs and displays work with BMS, but the switches/levers/knobs should be enough for now.

My question is - would it be possible to point the exe file in the profile settings and make SPAD.neXt automatically select the profile dedicated for this exe like it now does with various aircraft when using FSX? That would be really cool.
Cheers,
Mike

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Other sims than FSX/P3D and auto profile switch

Post by c0nnex » 13 Dec 2015, 23:07

_michal wrote:I've just bought registered version to show my support for this awesome software.

I fly most of the sims available today, but my two favourites are FSX and Falcon 4 BMS. I've just started working on the dedicated profile for Falcon 4 BMS. I'm using keyboard shortuts and switch panel mostly, but I'll probably use the quadrant as well. I don't think it's easy to get the LEDs and displays work with BMS, but the switches/levers/knobs should be enough for now.
Never heard of that. What's that? ;)
If it has an API it can be added maybe (if there is more than one user needing it ;) )
_michal wrote: My question is - would it be possible to point the exe file in the profile settings and make SPAD.neXt automatically select the profile dedicated for this exe like it now does with various aircraft when using FSX? That would be really cool.

There are several command-line options for SPAD.neXt you can use:
e.g.
-p:<profilefilename> = Load a specific profile
-o:<conffilename> = load a specific conf file (e.g. to turn of connections / change assignments etc ) just make a copy of SPAD.neXt.conf and edit at your needs.

give "SPAD.neXt.exe -?" a try, i'll show the other available options.

You could e.g. start BMS via a batchfile, that first starts falcon and then SPAD.neXt:

Code: Select all

start /b PathToBMS-Exe
start /b PathToSPAD.neXt.exe -m -p:FalconBMS.xml -f

_michal
Passenger

Post by _michal » 13 Dec 2015, 23:18

Hehe, I have Switch, Multi and Radio panels, if the SPAD would support feedback from BMS I'd buy BIP panel as well. :D the gear indicators and radio frequencies would be amazing.

I don't know if there is an official API, but users somehow did the support for Logitech G15 keyboard display, so there has to be a way, not sure if it's an API or some hacking.

Thank's for the batch suggestion, I'll do that.
Cheers,
Mike

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 13 Dec 2015, 23:28

_michal wrote:Hehe, I have Switch, Multi and Radio panels, if the SPAD would support feedback from BMS I'd buy BIP panel as well. :D the gear indicators and radio frequencies would be amazing.

I don't know if there is an official API, but users somehow did the support for Logitech G15 keyboard display, so there has to be a way, not sure if it's an API or some hacking.

Thank's for the batch suggestion, I'll do that.
Just hat a short look.
Possible and easy. Maybe not all data accessible but a lot.
I'll dig into it when i'm bored ;)

_michal
Passenger

Post by _michal » 13 Dec 2015, 23:45

Forgive me for this moment of weakness. ;)
Cheers,
Mike