Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

POLL: Flight Instrument Panels

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket

FIP Configuration Preference

Existing SimConnect Syntax
25%
Flexible configuration like for the panel
63%
I don't care
13%
Something different (please comment)
No votes

Total votes: 8

c0nnex
Site Admin

POLL: Flight Instrument Panels

Post by c0nnex » 15 May 2015, 16:14

Since there was no bad reports for beta 0.5 RC4 , I had a look at the FIP ...

I'll completely replace that ****!

Would you prefer continue creating the gauges with that simconnect syntax, or would you like if the configuration would work like for the panels?
(Selecting offsets and such? )

-Ulrich

Terrydew
Betatester

Re: POLL: Flight Instrument Panels

Post by Terrydew » 19 May 2015, 23:32

Hello

I think there are two major changes needed from what the Saitek drivers offer.

1 The ability to use local or Lvars such as those used by A2A. There is a place in the existing xml file to specify the variable that drives the gauge but it will only work for standard simconnect vars.

2 the ability to specify the FIP hardware ID in the xml file by gauge so that the FIP will always open with that gauge no matter the order it is connected via USB.

I am sure those are not the only need changes but they are the ones that have all 12 of my FIP sitting on a shelf and not being used.

I would pay a good deal to get a driver that solved these problems.

Thanks
Terry

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 19 May 2015, 23:46

Both points (among others like WYSIWYG layouting) will be addressed by my FIP implementation.
You will be able to bind Gauges to specific FIP-Devices (working in early alpha already) as well as the use all FSUIPC-Supported features.
I'm currently looking into getting custom LVar support running, since it's a feature I want for the normal panels as well eg. to support Airbus extended etc. Most of this stuff is not very well (read: not at all) documented.

Only thing I'm unsure about is, how to design the interface for confguring the values. I need to find a smart way between userfriendly and "no limitation".
Will be a challenge.

Screenshots of alpha will be available soon.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 20 May 2015, 00:00

Terrydew wrote:Hello

I am sure those are not the only need changes but they are the ones that have all 12 of my FIP sitting on a shelf and not being used.

I would pay a good deal to get a driver that solved these problems.

Thanks
Terry
12 FIPS !, no wonder why you don't use them. I've only had mine 10 days and already annoyed when not getting right gauge on the right FIP and I only have three, so I can REALLY sympathize !!

I want to buy several more, but holding off until we have some better drivers for them, so I'm watching this space and really excited at the prospect of a WYSIWYG.

Daren
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Terrydew
Betatester

Post by Terrydew » 20 May 2015, 05:50

I had another thought. When I was trying to use the FIPs, I had to run them on a second networked computer because they really bogged down the main sim computer. I hope you will retain the simconnect feature in the existing drivers. It is one of the few things that worked well.

Thanks
Terry