Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.11.5

This forum has been set to readonly. Helping/Q&A etc is done exclusivly on Discord.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5
The .Net-Framework used by SPAD.neXt has a faulty configuration (long known by MS, but refused to be fixed) which prevents those older versions to connect to the services now, because old TLS-Protocol has been disabled by Microsoft in latest Windows updates.
If you have trouble updating to latest version because your Windows updated already, you can download the latest installer here and install it over your existing installation.

ETS2/ATS & Saitek Multipanel

Discussions about new feature ideas.
To request a new feature please open a ticket
The90sFreak
Passenger

ETS2/ATS & Saitek Multipanel

Post by The90sFreak » 06 Oct 2021, 17:47

I’ve downloaded and running trial version of Spad.Next and I'm thinking hard about buying it, but it only makes sense to me, if I can bring my Saitek Multipanel to life under ETS2/ATS. Somehow it doesn't want to come together for me at all. I didn't find any guide of this on the net. Can someone help me how to display trip data and other on-the-fly data (e.g. current speed, actual cruise control speed etc.) on the screen?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: ETS2/ATS & Saitek Multipanel

Post by c0nnex » 07 Oct 2021, 00:33

Enable ETS Support in Settins->Application->Simulation
The you will have a whle bunch of data unter SCS in the databrowser to play with.
Note: Due to limitations of the SCS Api , everything is readonly. To send evetns back to ETS/ATS you need to send Keyboard commands.

The90sFreak
Passenger

Post by The90sFreak » 07 Oct 2021, 10:12

c0nnex wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 00:33
Enable ETS Support in Settins->Application->Simulation
The you will have a whle bunch of data unter SCS in the databrowser to play with.
Note: Due to limitations of the SCS Api , everything is readonly. To send evetns back to ETS/ATS you need to send Keyboard commands.
Thanks for your quick reply c0nnex! Sorry, my original post wasn’t detailed enough, but of course ETS / ATS is enabled in the app and yes, I found the data that should be read (e.g. SCS:TRUCK/CURRENT/DASHBOARD/CRUISECONTROLSPEED/KPH Local variable), but unfortunately no data comes from the game, values are always 0 (zero), and Multipanel screen remains blank. These two symptoms may come from two different issues, because I think at least zero should appear on the display. Anyway, values of boolean variables are available because I can work with them under conditions, so the connection is established with the game, but the values of any numeric variables is always zero.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 07 Oct 2021, 22:38

Hmm most likely spad was not allowed to enable the SCS SDK. Do you get the SDK Enabled warning in ETS?

Start SPD.neXt as administrator (Right click->Run as Administrator) once to have it set the according registry values, if not.

I'll check tomorrow if SCS made any API changes.

The90sFreak
Passenger

Post by The90sFreak » 07 Oct 2021, 23:01

Yes, when I start ETS, I'm getting a warning that it detects the SDK is enabled, so I think that part is okay.
I've already ran SPAD several times as Administrator.

I would really appreciate if you check if there is any API change by SCS that is causing the above anomaly.