Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Saitek Multi Panel random freezes

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
danielogg
Passenger

Saitek Multi Panel random freezes

Post by danielogg » 29 Aug 2021, 03:32

Hello everyone!

I am an old school pilot and flight sim fan since 1992. I finally got my self the conditions and knowledge to assemble my complete home cockpit and finding Spad.next made it just so much better! I am just waiting for my trial version to finish to buy it. Thanks c0nnex for this great piece of software.

Well, my problem is not actually with spad.next I think (because it happened before when only using logitech driver) but I think here is the best frequented place to ask.

I have tried changing usb energy profile and registry changes to avoid the logitech multi panel to "sleep" but no matter what I do it goes frozen sometimes. Logitech switch panel and radio work flawless. The buttons still work but the display remains frozen. I have already uninstalled the logitech driver so I don't know what to do anymore. Tried changing usb port (and avoiding them to sleep for each time with a reboot) and nothing seems to help.

Thanks in advance. Every input is very welcome.

[EDIT: it happens like once every two flights most of the time. My CH Eclipse yoke is also presenting some ghost button pushes, i thought maybe it was worth mentioning]

danielogg
Passenger

Re: Saitek Multi Panel random freezes

Post by danielogg » 30 Aug 2021, 06:11

Does anyone have any input? I have a few days left to request my refund if needed and I really don't know if I should keep it because I have tried everything and nothings seems to stop the random freezes. To bring it back to life I need to close spad.next, unplug it, plug it back, open spad.next and it will come back to life. That is a total breaker. :(

Thanks in advance for any input!

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 30 Aug 2021, 09:25

This happens for one of three different reasons….
1) if multi panel in underpowered
2) if using usb3.0 ports or hubs
3) windows power management (device manager) turns off power
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

danielogg
Passenger

Post by danielogg » 03 Sep 2021, 09:02

thedazman wrote:
30 Aug 2021, 09:25
This happens for one of three different reasons….
1) if multi panel in underpowered
2) if using usb3.0 ports or hubs
3) windows power management (device manager) turns off power
Thank you for your answer! I finally found out that it was some kind of incompatibility with Air Manager 4.
I can't use it because of that but I found another solution. Spad Next is working flawless! =)