Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

End Processing and Priority Behavior

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
GilYoder
Passenger

End Processing and Priority Behavior

Post by GilYoder » 20 Aug 2021, 02:06

I have written a script for the script panel to call out ALT levels while descending to land. I thought I could use "End Processing" in the events and "Priority" to ensure that the vents were executed in the right order.

In other words, at the top of the event list, I have an event that is conditioned on VERTICAL SPEED being greater than 0. The action I set for it is a dummy action that sets BRAKE PROCESSING POSITION to the current value of BRAKE PROCESSING POSITION. And the event is configured to "end processing."

All of the other events have a lower priority and are thus follow the VS check. I thought the VS check would end the processing if the VS is greater than 0 (ascending), so all call-outs defined at a lower priority would be skipped.

But that is not what happens. Instead, I get the call-outs while ascending and descending. End processing while ascending does not seem to have any effect.

I don't know if my understanding is right and that this reflects a bug in SPAD.NEXT, or if otherwise. Shouldn't the VS check cause the call-outs to be bypassed during ascent?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: End Processing and Priority Behavior

Post by c0nnex » 21 Aug 2021, 00:10

End Processing curently only works if exactly the same data is used in the conditions.
But a good point to change that for the script panel. (Added to ToDo)

GilYoder
Passenger

Post by GilYoder » 21 Aug 2021, 11:28

c0nnex wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 00:10
End Processing curently only works if exactly the same data is used in the conditions.
But a good point to change that for the script panel. (Added to ToDo)
Thanks for the reply. I wondered if something like this was happening and even considered adding a test against RADIO HEIGHT in the first event definition to see if that would force a check against the VS before the other events. Still, I never got around to that test.

You may already be thinking ahead of me here, but wouldn't it be good to add this change everywhere, not just the script panel?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 23 Aug 2021, 01:26

If it's changed for Script panel it will be effective for all suitable panels where events can be clusstered.

GilYoder
Passenger

Post by GilYoder » 23 Aug 2021, 14:39

That sounds good to me. Thanks!