Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

MSFS<->SPAD.neXt: delayed response of FIP and inputs on Saitek panels

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
Clipper747PA
Passenger

MSFS<->SPAD.neXt: delayed response of FIP and inputs on Saitek panels

Post by Clipper747PA » 24 May 2021, 09:48

Hi everybody,

I am fairly new in this forum and a rookie with regard to SPAD.neXt.
I am operating all 3 Saitek Panels(radio, multi, switch) with 2 FIP‘s (with FIPgauges) and the complete TM Airbus hardware, and -alternatively- the Saitek yoke, thrustlevers and pedals, on an I9, 64GB RAM, 2080TI, flashdrive PC unit with two 32“ curved monitors. MSFS is from MS store.
I deinstalled the Logitech drivers for all this hardware and I ran the SPAD.neXT simconnect check.

The problems described below occur with any profile downloaded and not only with the ones programmed by me. besides, they all derive from the 0connex default profiles for simconnect applications.

Here‘s the rub:
on and off I encounter
- delayed response of the FIP‘s
- and or delayed response of the inputs on the saitek panels
- and or delayed response of the indications on the saitek panels
In addition, sometimes the indications will only respond, if the SPAD.next software window is active in the foreground ?!?!?!
However, as I connected speech outputs to the switches (e.g. taxi light on/off) I know, that SPAD.neXt is working backstage, even if the SIM is fullscreen

I even tried different start-up procedures with the applications launch in different order.

I did issue a ticket and sent my logs to SPAD.neXt but for some reasons the troubleshooting support and responses has stopped.

So,......I have no clue how to tackle this problem

Support or even ideas, thoughts are highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang
Cheers

Wolfgang

Clipper747PA
Passenger

Re: MSFS<->SPAD.neXt: delayed response of FIP and inputs on Saitek panels

Post by Clipper747PA » 24 May 2021, 14:29

...it would also help to find out, if I am the only one with these kind of problems ;-)
Cheers

Wolfgang

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 24 May 2021, 14:52

Usually these type of issues are unique to each system either due to driver conflicts or bottle necks in USB data.

I assume you are NOT using ANY USB3.0 hardware or ports. Saitek/logitech hardware does not work well if at all on USB3.0 interfaces or hardware. Then there’s usually issues with underpowered hubs even if they are USB2.0

Most of the time this has nothing to do with SPAD but the power/connectivity of devices you would need to confirm you are not using any USB3.0 ports or hubs and that your hub power supply is equal or larger than .5A per port
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Clipper747PA
Passenger

Post by Clipper747PA » 24 May 2021, 20:46

thedazman wrote:
24 May 2021, 14:52
Usually these type of issues are unique to each system either due to driver conflicts or bottle necks in USB data.

I assume you are NOT using ANY USB3.0 hardware or ports. Saitek/logitech hardware does not work well if at all on USB3.0 interfaces or hardware. Then there’s usually issues with underpowered hubs even if they are USB2.0

Most of the time this has nothing to do with SPAD but the power/connectivity of devices you would need to confirm you are not using any USB3.0 ports or hubs and that your hub power supply is equal or larger than .5A per port
I just checked it. Indeed I am using a USB 3.0 and it might be underpowered. I just ordered a different one and will report any develoment.
The only thing, that worries me: the MSFS update for Benelux brought an improvement and everything worked very well (I was very surprised, and the connections were good. Then there was a bugfix (..sort of) afterwards by Microsoft that returned the connection to the old status.
Cheers

Wolfgang

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 24 May 2021, 21:56

There could be other reasons,but you have to rule out hardware issues first. If using photogrammetry then you could be pushing your CPU to the point it’s impacting hardware performance there are so many things that can cause this. Is your CPU flat out? What sort of FPS are you getting? I also have an i9 but still have CPU limiting issues

Clipper747PA
Passenger

Post by Clipper747PA » 26 May 2021, 23:24

thedazman wrote:
24 May 2021, 21:56
There could be other reasons,but you have to rule out hardware issues first. If using photogrammetry then you could be pushing your CPU to the point it’s impacting hardware performance there are so many things that can cause this. Is your CPU flat out? What sort of FPS are you getting? I also have an i9 but still have CPU limiting issues
I got a new hub (2.0, more power), but besides the reemerged problem of the power safe mode with the panels ;) , I saw no improvements, more to the contrary. I will now connect the FIP‘s directly with the PC and see if this improves the situation
Cheers

Wolfgang

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 26 May 2021, 23:42

Just make sure the PC port is USB2.0. Putting a USB2.0 hub on a USB3.0 port won’t help. If running lots of devices off one hub you could be hitting data transfer rate limits. Device performance can also be limited if CPU is maxed out. Other than that I’m out of ideas

Redscouse
Flight Attendant

Post by Redscouse » 28 May 2021, 18:33

Just as an FYI.

i'm running six FIPs from one of these. No issues at all.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm running Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster Rudder pedals, 2x throttle quadrants (added a 2nd to the one in the photo), 2x radio panels, 1x switch panel, 1x multi panel from this. No issues.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Pete.
IMG_20201025_084839.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm Pete, AKA: Redscouse, owner and creator of Scouse Airlines.
Since MS2000, I've been tinkering with liveries, missions and scenery etc.

Check out the download section of my website and grab some free stuff!

Clipper747PA
Passenger

Post by Clipper747PA » 05 Jun 2021, 15:41

thedazman wrote:
26 May 2021, 23:42
Just make sure the PC port is USB2.0. Putting a USB2.0 hub on a USB3.0 port won’t help. If running lots of devices off one hub you could be hitting data transfer rate limits. Device performance can also be limited if CPU is maxed out. Other than that I’m out of ideas
Hi, I got the USB 2.0 hub , connected it with the USB 2.0 port in the PC.
Extra power included:-)

well, what can I say, sometimes it works for quite a bit, then it stopps.

I am using MSFS fullscreen.
However, As soon as i get the SPAD.neXt. app in the front row (active window) , the instruments react and updates itself
-> so SPAD.neXt seems to loose connection somehow as soon as it is minimized to the tray or not the front window

So my question to the entire community:
- Is there anything one can do wrong in the SPAD.neXt setup?
- Its a local installation
- SIMconnect works!
- registered
- Saitek drivers deinstalled

maybe a fresh isntallation?
Cheers

Wolfgang

Clipper747PA
Passenger

Post by Clipper747PA » 05 Jun 2021, 15:43

Redscouse wrote:
28 May 2021, 18:33
Just as an FYI.

i'm running six FIPs from one of these. No issues at all.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm running Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster Rudder pedals, 2x throttle quadrants (added a 2nd to the one in the photo), 2x radio panels, 1x switch panel, 1x multi panel from this. No issues.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Pete.

IMG_20201025_084839.jpg

Hi Pete,

... glad to hear that:-)
Cheers

Wolfgang