Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

MSFS Cessna 152 Audio panel

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
mikced
Flight Attendant

MSFS Cessna 152 Audio panel

Post by mikced » 21 Feb 2021, 11:47

Hi

Is it possible to map the MSFS Cessna 152 audio panels buttons, for example to switch between audio for COM1/COM2 and NAV1/NAV 2 if so how do I map these? I tried for example "Add action" "Simulator event" "COM1 transmit select" and a few other commands but nothing moves these yellow buttons in the C152. Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks!

lesoreilly
Captain

Re: MSFS Cessna 152 Audio panel

Post by lesoreilly » 15 Mar 2021, 04:03

The Buttons will not "move" but the data behind will... ie

SIMCONNECT:COM2_TRANSMIT_SELECT
SIMCONNECT:COM1_TRANSMIT_SELECT
SIMCONNECT:RADIO_VOR1_IDENT_TOGGLE
SIMCONNECT:RADIO_VOR2_IDENT_TOGGLE

So those will do exactly under the hood. Also if you press the buttons in the sim they go in and out but they dont "stay in".... I also don't understand whom at Asobo implemented this audio panel but they have no idea how this audio panel is supposed to work....

Note that if you press the NAV 1 it toggles on but you can't toggle it off .... that is not how it works in the real world that is and On/Off so that you can stop listening to the Morse code -- NAV 2 will turn off NAV 1 and then Turn on NAV 2 but again you cant turn it off on your own....

You have to use the Both Button to turn Both Nav 1 and 2 on and then again to turn them off.............. Here is the kicker --- BOTH has nothing to do with NAV Idents... It is meant for LISTENING to both COM 1 and COM 2 at the same time... The Audio Panel is always listening to the Radio you transmit on but it allows you to listen to both at the same time... This is just bad sloppy and still there??

Anyway point is if you use the sim events they will change the data under the hood which is what matters the most...