Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Intermittent FIP Panels Startup

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
EmLee Studios
Passenger

Intermittent FIP Panels Startup

Post by EmLee Studios » 23 Nov 2020, 00:01

I have issues with my Saitek / Logitech FIP's intermittently starting up. I'm Currently running MSFS2020 (current updated version) and have 6 FIP's, Multi-unit, Radio Panel, and Switch Panel installed. Upon waking from sleep mode, or rebooting, FIP's will randomly restart and either display a total blank screen, or else a backlit screen with just a glow (no gauges). The only way to initiate gauges display is to physically and individually unplug and replug each USB cable. Receiving error on screen reading: "WARNING: The FIP Serial # XXXXXXX did not respond to the initialize request. This can happen if the FIP internally crashed. Please power cycle the FIP" This is repeated once for each FIP that does not start correctly. The ones that do start are random upon any power up or reboot sequence. Once I have them all started, they run flawlessly. Need suggestions please. Thank you!

thedazman
Betatester

Re: Intermittent FIP Panels Startup

Post by thedazman » 30 Nov 2020, 16:42

Any of the following reasons.

1) being turned off by windows power management, turn off windows power management for ALL fips and usb hubs
2) check your PSU’s is 500mah per port
3) hub or PC port is not usb2.0

Never sleep PC, drivers do not wake up properly.
Make sure fips are always powered before pc is turned on and turn Fip power off after PC

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com