Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

FIPs (inter)change their names

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
theissondergaard
Passenger

FIPs (inter)change their names

Post by theissondergaard » 08 Oct 2020, 10:54

Hi,

thanks for a great product!!

I have an issue which is very annoying though:
I have 9 Saitek FIPs, and the names of the FIPs get interchanged - ie the one I have names "FIP4" actually receives commands as "FIP9" fx. This is a problem because the center-bottom buttons are supposed to switch between different gauges by referencing the name - but what now happens is that I click the buttons on FIP4 and FIP9 changes its gauge....

I can "solve" the problem by deleting the actions programmed and reprogram them to force the right name, but this takes a loooong time for 9 FIPs. And the problem re-occurs later - I suspect it's when I create a new profile based on an an existing, but it may also "just" be connected to something else, like when spad.next restarts.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I'm keeping the FIP names very basic, like "FIP1" etc., as I suspected it might have to do with spaces or other things in the names - but no.

Please help :)

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: FIPs (inter)change their names

Post by c0nnex » 08 Oct 2020, 18:55

The problem here is the sequence of the devices seems to change.

While the assigned device profile is identified via the serial number of the FIP, which makes sure correct gauges are loaded into correct fip, this is not possible for events, because hard-coding the serial in a event would literally make it impossible to publish it.
When referencing a device in an event (e.g. for a switch gauge command) , the reference will be "TargetDevice is the 3rd FIP in System". If now the sequence of devices changes for unknown reason (usually this happens because a fip responds slower than usually when windows is starting up) the 4th fip in system might become the 3rd FIP in System (Making it the target for the wrong events).

However, I see your problem, and added it to the Check-List (https://trello.com/b/n3Yv7Qyz/spadnext) and will see what I can come up with to bypass the problem. (Any changes/progress will be pushed to beta update channel, before it's moved to next release).