Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

SPAD disconnects saitek devices with AP blinking

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
ubrider
Passenger

SPAD disconnects saitek devices with AP blinking

Post by ubrider » 06 Sep 2020, 07:25

Hi !

I encountered some issues recently.

I got all Saitek devices (except FIP) and during a flight all devices doesn't respond like it is disconnected. no sound of USB disconnection btw, but my multi panel blink with the "AP" button white.
But devices doen't respond at all. I have to unplug and plug Yoke USB again and restart SPAD.next.

I did all USBenhancer things and windows tweaks.

It happens often but no always, because yesterday i flew during hours without issues after a PC restart. And now my PC was running since 15 hours without restart and I just fly 15mn and got the issue.

Hope i can get a solution, because i don't where is that from.

Thank you !

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: SPAD disconnects saitek devices with AP blinking

Post by c0nnex » 06 Sep 2020, 15:04

Hmm that sounds like WIndows is putting it to sleep.
Check this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11832
(And note this has to be redone after every windows update)

ubrider
Passenger

Post by ubrider » 06 Sep 2020, 20:50

Thanks you but already did that sorry i was not explicit when i said USBEnhancer and other etc ...

i played today no issues at all but i am pretty sure that if i don't restart my PC tomorrow it will happen again...

More explanation: what's weird is that all panels and yoke status LED are all ON and illuminated but no numbers or letters for radio and multi panel, just all buttons are blinking for the multi-panel.
yoke and quadrant not responding, panels and rudder are fine, don't know why...

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 07 Sep 2020, 04:24

This is definitly a USB Sleep issue , or Saitek Devices connected to a USB3 Port.
The green lamp only means there is physical power, it does not tell you anything about if windows maybe put the device into sleep mode.

ubrider
Passenger

Post by ubrider » 07 Sep 2020, 21:50

Yeah i got green lamp of the quaddrant on and multi panel buttons are blinking. Radio panel nothing apart the backlight of the screens. When i go in SPAD.next all buttons of the panels are moving when i try them. but not the yoke and quaddrant.

I almost would say that i was in USB3.0 but after changing some things, i am now in 2.0 mostly apart the rudder which is in 3.0 but no issues with it. All panels connected on the USB hub of the yoke (so 2.0) with right power supply (which causes me headhaches to find :D ) but all work like a charm.

Now for the yoke usb cable i connected it to a USB 2.0 of my PC but i had some "sleep" issues with it and even worse, when i unplugged/plugged the yoke usb my PC was causing blue screens... so i connected it to a USB 3.0 and everything is fine apart that sometimes the issue above start to appear.

so Panels > 2.0 yoke usb hub | Yoke > 3.0 direct usb PC | and rudder > 3.0 external usb powered hub

So i don't know what to do. i think i have done alll the things for the windows USB sleep.

Do you think that with logitech udpating their drivers soon, it will support the 3.0 ?

Thank you

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 08 Sep 2020, 12:56

That not possible. They would need to make changes ot the hardware.

Check in your BIOS that USB Legacy Support is on.

ubrider
Passenger

Post by ubrider » 08 Sep 2020, 19:00

OH yes of course... sorry was tired :D

I will try that if it's doing it again. i change the port for my USB hub 3.0 same as rudder, all clear during 10h for the moment. weird...