Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

FLC / IAS Multipanel Issues - FS2020

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
int3grate
Passenger

FLC / IAS Multipanel Issues - FS2020

Post by int3grate » 02 Sep 2020, 00:36

Hi,

I'm using a multi-panel and trying to get the IAS button to work correctly in MSFS2020 (using Cirrus SR22). My attempted config is below. It looks like any changes to "MSFS:AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE" are actually being made to "MSFS:AUTOPILOT ALTITUDE LOCK". I'm not sure why this is happening. I cleared out all the events for ALT just to make sure nothing was conflicting, and hitting IAS on the panel turns on ALT on the aircraft panel. The default profile I pulled down has the same behavior. I'm assuming this is an issue with MSFS? Thanks!

Code: Select all

<BaseEvent xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" BoundTo="MULTIPANEL_BUTTON_IAS" xmlns="http://www.fsgs.com/SPAD">
  <EventDefinitions>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="SCRIPT">
      <EventConditions>
        <EventCondition ConditionComparator="Equals" ConditionTargetValue="1" ConditionValueSource="MSFS:AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE" />
      </EventConditions>
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionButtonLight ButtonLight="BUTTON_SHORT_ON" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="SCRIPT">
      <EventConditions>
        <EventCondition ConditionComparator="Equals" ConditionTargetValue="0" ConditionValueSource="MSFS:AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE" />
      </EventConditions>
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionButtonLight ButtonLight="BUTTON_SHORT_OFF" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="VALUEON">
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionChangeValue TargetDataDefinition="MSFS:AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE" Value="1" ValueOperation="Set" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
    <EventDefinition Trigger="VALUEOFF">
      <EventActions>
        <EventActionChangeValue TargetDataDefinition="MSFS:AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE" Value="0" ValueOperation="Set" />
      </EventActions>
    </EventDefinition>
  </EventDefinitions>
</BaseEvent>

spinglass
Passenger

Re: FLC / IAS Multipanel Issues - FS2020

Post by spinglass » 14 Sep 2020, 21:16

I've also been trying to hook FLC to the IAS button (for the Cessna 172). I found that enabling/disabling FLC in-cockpit in the sim toggles the light on the multipanel, so it's the correct data value.

However, it doesn't work back from the multipanel to the sim. I'm not seeinf change to the altitude lock.

Other data values being used by the multipanel are SimConnect values, so I'm wondering if the issue is sending an MSFS value (likely the sim isn't responding to it). Perhaps a corresponding value needs to be added to SimConnect?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 14 Sep 2020, 23:49

when changing AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE , MSFS has a bug setting Airspeed to zero. You willneed to correct that for it to work.
Overall the FLC is kinda buggy in MSFS

mgg4
Passenger

Post by mgg4 » 07 Oct 2020, 10:01

spinglass wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 21:16
I've also been trying to hook FLC to the IAS button (for the Cessna 172). I found that enabling/disabling FLC in-cockpit in the sim toggles the light on the multipanel, so it's the correct data value.

However, it doesn't work back from the multipanel to the sim. I'm not seeinf change to the altitude lock.

Other data values being used by the multipanel are SimConnect values, so I'm wondering if the issue is sending an MSFS value (likely the sim isn't responding to it). Perhaps a corresponding value needs to be added to SimConnect?
I'm seeing the same thing here. This modification is one of the reasons I started looking at SPAD.neXt. Is this a SPAD.neXt problem, or something we need to take up with Microsoft/Adobo?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 07 Oct 2020, 11:48

How would a not updating/working data/event be a SPAD.neXt problem?

mgg4
Passenger

Post by mgg4 » 07 Oct 2020, 18:17

I'm new to the platform, so I'm unsure where the integrations are. I appreciate your frustration with a "Newbie" question. I will open a bug with MS.

HomeGuard
Passenger

Post by HomeGuard » 08 Oct 2020, 19:15

I am also pretty new with Spad.next, but I got FLC to work on my IAS-button.

I use these events combined on Shortmode IAS-button:
Send AP_SPD_VAR_SET-Event (Paramtersource: AIRSPEED INDICATED)
Send FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE-Event (Parameter: 0)
Send Multi Panel IAS to Shortmode On (permanent on)