Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

X52 HOTAS misplased button in SpadNext

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
GulKalle
Flight Attendant

X52 HOTAS misplased button in SpadNext

Post by GulKalle » 30 Aug 2020, 00:57

Hi. Made a ticket about my problem a couple of years ago, but it was closed without answer. :?

Thougt i mitght ask if anyone here have this problem...cuz i still havent figgured it out... :cry:

So, i have a Saitek X52 Hotas.
The problem is that it have some of the butons "misplaced" in the Spad.Next GUI.
For example, if i turn the mode buton, it's not yellow marked in the GUI of Spad? Instead the Hatswitch on my trottle handle lits... If i push the hatswitch on my trottle the top hatswitch on my joystick indicates yellow, and the top hatswitch lights up button 31 (the smal one behind the thumbjostick on my trottle, who says button 16 in Spad?) or the scroll wheel of my trottle handle, depending of witsh way i push.
This makes it very hard to program most of the byttons on my joystick, instead i have to manualy code the XML profile file to make the right button work.

If i check the joystick in the windows 10 Devices and printers cotrol properties for my joystick, all the hatswitch, mode button and other buttons shows up corect. So i cant imagine theres something wrong with my hardware?
The problems been there for as long as i started usin Spad.Next some years ago, tried to reinstal the Spad program many times, allso theres been a couple of uppdates trough the years, so buggs or instalation faulties seems unlogical?
But as i cant find anyone else having this problem, and many of you also have the X52 hotas, the possability there is a bug or bad coding in the Spad program also seems far of?
Tried to install SpadNext on another computer, and hooked the X52 up, same phenomena there...
Whats left to do?

Anyone have the same problem, anyone have a clue what could be wrong here???

Some workarounds i have manage to sort out so far:
Hatswitch on trottle, works if i make the events under the events of the joystick top hatswitch. Can also make 4 directions work if i manualy code button 16-17-18-19 in the XML file. (the NE, SE, SW and NW can be codet tho...)

Hatswitch on top of joystick, can only be givent events under the trottle scrollwheel and pushbutton on there, and button 31. So only 4 events is possible instead of al 8directions (events mad at buttons 20-21-22-23 then). Can manualy code it to "Hatswitch_1" in the XML file tho.

Button 31 can only be manualy coded in XML file, as no button in Soad GUI is linked to this... As for the scrollwheel and pushbutton on that.

Thanks , and please excuse the bad english :roll:
Saitek: X52 HOTAS. Pro Flgt rdr. Trottle Q. Pro Sw Pnl.
Gear: TrackIr.
Sim: FS2020. FSX A2A Accusim. DCS. IL-2 series. Rise of Flight.
Win10 x64. I5 4670K @ 4.3GHz on MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mb. 16GB RAM. GeForce GTX 1660 6GB OC.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: X52 HOTAS misplased button in SpadNext

Post by c0nnex » 30 Aug 2020, 04:16

The X.52 HOTAS is curently not directly supported by SPAD.neXt. Thanks to Saitek it announces itself as normal X.52 which confuses SPAD.neXt.
Since there has been not ticket so far about the HOTAS (neither from you nor anyone other) i guess the problenm is not existing.
(HINT: OPEN A TICKET)

GulKalle
Flight Attendant

Re: X52 HOTAS misplased button in SpadNext

Post by GulKalle » 30 Aug 2020, 11:49

Thanks for reply, i reopened the ticket i made i 2018 about the problem now.

Yes, i supose there is some mixup in the saitek drivers or something, didnt know the X52 wasnt suported as its there in Spad.next? But its make sence there is confusion between them.
Ill gues its time to uppgrade my HOTAS system anyway, its been around for some yars now, but it would be neet to make it work until then ;-)

Thanks again, regards Johan
Saitek: X52 HOTAS. Pro Flgt rdr. Trottle Q. Pro Sw Pnl.
Gear: TrackIr.
Sim: FS2020. FSX A2A Accusim. DCS. IL-2 series. Rise of Flight.
Win10 x64. I5 4670K @ 4.3GHz on MSI Z87-G45 Gaming mb. 16GB RAM. GeForce GTX 1660 6GB OC.