Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Yoke Sensitivity issues

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
kirkbauer
Flight Attendant

Yoke Sensitivity issues

Post by kirkbauer » 27 Aug 2020, 19:52

I'm new to SPAD.neXt thanks to MSFS2020. I like the flexibility that is offered for controlling my flight yoke so I disabled the device in MSFS and am now using it is SPAD.neXt. My question is about sensitivity, for both pitch and roll.

Specifically, the controls seem very twitchy. I know I can set dead zones but that doesn't make it less twitchy once you are outside of the dead zone. In MSFS2020 I'm able to adjust the sensitivity for each axis by making the curve ramp up slower or faster.

Additionally, the yoke in the simulation tracks my physical yoke very well except for the edges when turning left and right. So if I turn the yoke say 20 degrees to the right the on-screen yoke will also be about 20 degrees to the right. But as I turn my yoke it will suddenly jump to very far in the direction I'm turning. It might go from 30 degrees to 70 degrees with only a small additional movement on my physical yoke.

Does anybody have any tips on how to tune/adjust this?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Yoke Sensitivity issues

Post by c0nnex » 27 Aug 2020, 20:36

Until the SimConnect issues are resolved by MS/Asobo it is NOT recommended to use SPAD.neXt to program flight vital axis.
Apart from fps drops/stutter, event handling in MSFS is heavily delayed, producing such jumps, because it literally does not handle events for like 5 secs, and then catches up all "queued events" making the movements unpredictable.

kirkbauer
Flight Attendant

Re: Yoke Sensitivity issues

Post by kirkbauer » 29 Aug 2020, 22:33

Great thank you!