Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Massif drop to 5-10 fps.

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
Deadraque
Passenger

Massif drop to 5-10 fps.

Post by Deadraque » 24 Aug 2020, 19:44

Just bought spad.next and looks like it works (beside the bip panel, probably need to config it) but when Spad Next is connected I get a massif drop from 50-60 fps to 5-10 sometimes 15 fps, but makes it impossible to play or even test everything, let alone flying... once I exit spad then 50 fps is back but no panels working anymore of course. I tried to lower my settings to medium but didn't change a thing to the fps.

Can I do something about this?

thanks.

btw : I tried posting this already but post doesn't seem to appear so sorry if it is double, this one does have more detail :)

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Massif drop to 5-10 fps.

Post by c0nnex » 24 Aug 2020, 20:25

Please see viewtopic.php?f=35&t=53361 or the big red box above the forum ;)

Deadraque
Passenger

Post by Deadraque » 24 Aug 2020, 20:28

it says "You are not authorised to read this forum." that's probably why i couldn't find information. So still stuck as i can't read the forum....

Deadraque
Passenger

Post by Deadraque » 24 Aug 2020, 20:52

i see the red box now, wasn't there before for me, but it doesn't look like a stutter it's 40-50 fps difference and constant... you should then warn buying customers on your page that it isn't working YET before we buy it.... I came from another forum telling me get spad it works... well guess it doesn't :(

Hope it will get working soon then otherwise it was a bit useless, i hope you understand.... no hard feelings but i really thought it would work.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Aug 2020, 21:09

There is a big warning before the purchase, that you shall make use of the 14 days free trial.
Why do you buy a software you do not even know it is working for you?

Just as a matter of fact:
* That red box has been there since 18th of August. Just the text changed as Asobo officially confirmed the issue just today.
* There is a inApp NOTAM about that issue
* There are plenty of threads about the issue
* It's communicated openly in the SPAD.neXt Discord
* It's a hot topic in the MS Flightsimulator forums

If I shall warn every potential customer about bugs and flaws in all devices and sims SPAD.neXt supports, that would be a loooooong list

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 24 Aug 2020, 22:00

It will work.....

Point worth noting was prior to the release on the 18th, the pre-release beta from MS did not have this bug. As a MS beta tester I can confirm SPAD works flawlessly in MSFS until MS introduced the bug on the release date. There are thousands of us in the Same boat, some of us having run SPAD for five years. As soon as the patch has been released by MS All affected third party apps including my own products will start working properly again.

It’s just a little longer so we can all enjoy our add on apps the way they were intended And fully tested in the beta, imagine all the developers surprise when every 3rd party app broke on release date after we all spent 8 months or more making sure our products worked before release day.

MS sell msfs2020 without advising their customer off all their bugs. This bugs is a MS bug and not any third party app.

We are all praying the fix is released sooner than later but Asobo have confirmed they have found the bug we just have to wait for the release :-)
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Deadraque
Passenger

Post by Deadraque » 25 Aug 2020, 11:21

Don't worry I don't regret my purchase as I was a user of the SPAD version long ago when it was free, but I really didn't had that banner on top it only appeared later maybe when i finally could join the other forums. The only reason I bought it immediately is because the 14 days version was limited to some panels and I have 5 panels and 3 FIP, so I wanted to have full access to everything.

Anyway I am waiting like everyone else as I know it will work at some point :) I just miss my panels really really really bad!