Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Multi panel not displaying FS2020 info

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
Dennis Kaufman
Passenger

Multi panel not displaying FS2020 info

Post by Dennis Kaufman » 23 Aug 2020, 03:24

I have had issues with the multi panel not displaying MS2020. I downloaded the most recent version and no joy. I can see data in the SPadNext app showing what Flight sim is sending it through SimConnect, but nothing is displayed on the multi panel device, inly the spadnext app. I do not have any other drivers added. Any guidance would be goo. Thanks

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Multi panel not displaying FS2020 info

Post by c0nnex » 23 Aug 2020, 03:39

Does the Multipanel show the pre texts in the display (AlT/VS HDG etc) ?
If no, is the Multipanel display lit or is it pitch dark?
If you click on the little red test-button on the multipanel in SPAD.neXt , doe sit show random data on the device?

Littleracer
Passenger

Post by Littleracer » 23 Aug 2020, 10:13

Hello,

i have the same issue with the multi panel in MS2020. If i push the test-button in SPAD.neXt, all buttons are flashing but the display will not show any kind of pre text or other stuff. But i can see the display lit. It is not dark.

Best regards
Littleracer

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 23 Aug 2020, 12:21

Try following: While SPAD.neXt is running. Unplug the device, wait a little, plug it back in. Then restart SPAD.neXt

Dennis Kaufman
Passenger

Post by Dennis Kaufman » 23 Aug 2020, 23:34

Mine is exactly the same as above. All lights blink when using the test button, but no displayed text or numbers. The display looks like it is backlit though

Dennis Kaufman
Passenger

Post by Dennis Kaufman » 24 Aug 2020, 06:07

I unplugged the multi panel with spadnext running. Waited 15 seconds then plugged the multi panel back in. I then shut down Spadnext and restarted the app. No change on the reported behavior.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Aug 2020, 16:19

You will need to make sure USB-Energymanagement is turned off for the device and all Hubs in it's chain.

* Open the Windows Device Manager (Windows-Key , enter "Device manager")
* In "View" select "Devices by Connection"
* click through the tree: (Following is based on translation since my system is german locale, so the woring might differ a bit)
ACPI x64 PC->ACPI System->Rootcomplex for PCI-Express->PCI Express Rootport->Upstream Switchport
* Under the "Downstream Switchport"s for each "USB Hostcontroller" go through ALL Nodes (inlcuding the hostcontrollers!), and for each node right click it, and if it has a tab "Powermanagement" make sure it's DISABLED.
* Also in your Computer Energy Porifle make sure "Selective USB Suspend" is DISABLED

After changing, you must reboot your computer.
That should fix it.

Dennis Kaufman
Passenger

Post by Dennis Kaufman » 25 Aug 2020, 03:34

Ok, i will try that tomorrow

Dennis Kaufman
Passenger

Post by Dennis Kaufman » 25 Aug 2020, 04:46

OK, i had to make the changes to the Host controllers (opened them all and each Input device) and disabled “power management” I also saw a message on my Spad.Next app saying i needed to start it once as Admin if the displays were not working so I did that. I rebooted and found a couple of the settings on the input devices went back to the previous setting. So I changed them back to disabled and rebooted. Now the Diplay is showing the pretext and numbers as well as the test button works showing pretext and random numbers. I think all is OK now. That view “devices by connections” is awesome as I could see other input devices that I did not see in the default view. Thanks for your help troubleshooting this! Nice job

FlyingDoc9
Passenger

Post by FlyingDoc9 » 28 Aug 2020, 23:09

I have the same problem, and the fixes described are not working for me.
I've been through the USB Hostcontrollers and disabled any that I could find that had a Power Management option. Hoping I've done the right ones, as my Device Manager wording is the UK version and not quite the same terminology. Under Power Plans, the USB Selective Suspend settings are already disabled. I've restarted the PC, unplugged and replugged the Multi Panel. Now I find firing up SpadNext causes the FlightSim program to stop working and close itself.

Where next?