Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Problems Since Updates

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
BBQSteve
First Officer

Re: Problems Since Updates

Post by BBQSteve » 25 Jul 2020, 17:11

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 25 Jul 2020, 19:06

That’s because SPAD converts the variables but if my gauge voltage conditions aren’t met, they will turn off. If disabling the voltage sensing (as mentioned above) turns gauges back on again then the variable translation is broken. Also depends if main bus or avionics bus is selected For the voltage check (main bus by default) but there is a user switch to select if gauges turn off with mains or avionics so both variables would have to be transcripted by SPAD and if they aren’t then there would be a lot more noise from other customers.

Let me know the outcome of the ticket.....

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Oleg
Passenger

Post by Oleg » 25 Jul 2020, 21:08

WTF is this update? I can't use multipanel clockwise knob tuning very slow, i dont know how to make back my fine working configuration.
make for each plane default good working preset!

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 26 Jul 2020, 01:38

Oleg wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 21:08
WTF is this update? I can't use multipanel clockwise knob tuning very slow, i dont know how to make back my fine working configuration.
make for each plane default good working preset!
There was information in the update explaining what to do if you found an issue with your knobs and how to fix them.

* MultiPanel: Reintroduce "SaitekPrecision", which will drop every second "shadow" click on the tuner. If PollRate 100 drops too many events, set it to 0 and enable SaitekPrecision.
* CustomAxis-Event: Fix settings not getting saved if "Ue Axcis value" is enabled
* X-Plane: Fix exception if dataref does not follow X-Plane specs and resides on root-level
* Profiles: Fix crash if illegal name is entered in "New Profile from this"

So set Poll Rate to Zero and enable "skip every second click"....

C0nnex maybe you could put in Brackets (SaitekPrecision) next to the Skip every 2nd click.....That way it is more clear?

Oleg
Passenger

Post by Oleg » 26 Jul 2020, 09:02

C0nnex maybe you could put in Brackets (SaitekPrecision) next to the Skip every 2nd click.....That way it is more clear?
[/quote]

Thank you very very much sir! I'm not english speaker. Hard to understand description of updaters

lesoreilly
Captain

Post by lesoreilly » 26 Jul 2020, 19:29

Oleg wrote:
26 Jul 2020, 09:02
Thank you very very much sir! I'm not english speaker. Hard to understand description of updaters
[/quote]

Okay well you seem to have the "expressive" english words down just fine.... :) Maybe try to be a little less assaultive with the Yelling of wtf.....maybe best to drop the wtf completely and just ask for some help....

We are getting so many amazing updates and features this year.....I agree that it is unfortunate that sometimes this results in a setback...but as you see he is quickly rectifying them.

In this case we have scenarios where different REVs of Saitek Hardware are not behaving the same.....So with the original "fix" it made it great for those that were having issues.....But then Broke others that seemed to have never had the issue.....

Trial and error is really hard when you don't have all of the revisions to test.....My PV department for my product line (at my workplace) has to maintain all kinds of combinations of hardware versions so that they can make sure each software release either still works...or is properly documented.

Here we have a case where you could not expect the Developer to have access to all of the versions and data since he is not the manufacturer of the products.....

I hope you see this not as a "scolding" but rather as a different point of view that might appeal to having a little more compassion and understanding of the situation.

Plenty of people here that will try to help out when ever they can.....but again they may not chime in if they feel like they will be dealt with harshly.

BBQSteve
First Officer

Post by BBQSteve » 26 Jul 2020, 23:23

Well I have set both Low Voltage Main Bus and Global Gauges Off Voltage to 0. Don't see anywhere to set voltage to -1 anywhere. BIP still off. batt1 and batt2 in X-Plane both read 24.5 volts.

BBQSteve
First Officer

Post by BBQSteve » 27 Jul 2020, 00:01

Got the instruments lit, but don't understand. What does your Power Panel do that switches in the cockpit don't? I messed with that panels switches and the lights came on for all the missing gauges.The left rotary knob is the culprit. Messed with it some more and now can't get them lit again.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 27 Jul 2020, 00:20

If using xplane set global min voltage to -1 it will ignore limited voltage or broken assessment and always display Gauges powered.

My gauges monitor main bus voltage or avionics voltage (depending what is selected) and when above minimum will turn on gauges.

Only powering up aircraft if set to monitor main bus will power gauges and if above minimum or if monitoring avionics Switching avionics on off will switch gauge power again only if avionics bus volts is above minimum

There’s no point me quoting the simconnect vars that I use because xplane doesn’t use them.

Turning off the global min voltage function will light the gauges I just can’t tell you why you are having issues because I do not know what xplane it sending SPAD and no idea what SPAD is sending to my simconnect voltage vars

I’m not switching any sim variables only internal gauge variables
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 27 Jul 2020, 10:51

There is currently a problem with the new Xplane implementation concerning value transcribing. An update will be made available asap.
Thread closed.