Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Loss of the Digital readout

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
doublem
Betatester

Loss of the Digital readout

Post by doublem » 04 Apr 2015, 00:57

In another part of this forum...
a intermittent loss of the Digital readout on the Multi Panel and occasional loss of the BIP lighting. Both occur on loading FSX; closing FSX, re-seating the USB HUB connection they are plugged in to the Tower, will typically bring them back to life. Guess I need a new cable?
I have the same problem from time to time. I have to disconnect and connect the USB to get the digital readout to work on the multi panel. Sometimes after a reboot of the machine, sometime after restart of the flight sim (P3D v2.5).

Can this be a software problem?
Is it possible to do a "force-on" of the digital display when SPAD.neXt starts?

Any other clues?

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Loss of the Digital readout

Post by c0nnex » 04 Apr 2015, 23:41

doublem wrote:In another part of this forum...
a intermittent loss of the Digital readout on the Multi Panel and occasional loss of the BIP lighting. Both occur on loading FSX; closing FSX, re-seating the USB HUB connection they are plugged in to the Tower, will typically bring them back to life. Guess I need a new cable?
I have the same problem from time to time. I have to disconnect and connect the USB to get the digital readout to work on the multi panel. Sometimes after a reboot of the machine, sometime after restart of the flight sim (P3D v2.5).

Can this be a software problem?
Is it possible to do a "force-on" of the digital display when SPAD.neXt starts?
Usually this is a problem of Power-shortage on the usb bus. I had that as well, and it took me quite some time to find out it's simply that I placed too many devices on one USB port.
Bought an USB Hub with external power, to connect all the panels, and the problem went away.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 05 Apr 2015, 00:39

I also had the same problem and bought my self a better usb hub. My displays would also occasionally dim. Best not to buy cheap hubs.

Regards
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

aeronauta
Betatester

Post by aeronauta » 05 Apr 2015, 00:40

Although the USB port is rated to 500mA current , some of the hubs come with a 2A power supply... you see that would support properly 4 ports max, always try to get the power supply to be 500ma X number of ports. you will find some 4A PS , that is the best to get as it will fully power 8 Ports. Also I found that the SW panel works best if it is connected to a PC port rather than a Hub. Some devices wont even work through a Hub ( my touch panel is one!!).

Jorge

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 05 Apr 2015, 20:24

Specially the Panels with Displays ( Radio / Multi ) need a LOT of energy. If the Panel works, but the display is somehow "dark" and not bright , then you definitely have a usb-power-supply problem