Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Radio Panel COM1 Left and Right Freq Issue

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
gmaxwell
Passenger

Radio Panel COM1 Left and Right Freq Issue

Post by gmaxwell » 14 Jul 2016, 03:43

Hello,

I installed SPUD latest version and clicked online and activated default profile. All works fine except COM1 radio. The left freq display works great but when I either push the swap freq button on Saitek unit or with mouse on virtual cockpit my Right freq always shows COM1 frequency. The COM2 radio works great. I checked the action on the COM1 display and it looks identical to COM2 but with a 1 vs 2 in the tag. I don't use asimConnect just FSUIPC. I saw a post on this forum that said they had similar issue and connected to Radio panel via SimConnect. Is SimConnect a free or purchased item? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Vadermike777
Flight Attendant

Re: Radio Panel COM1 Left and Right Freq Issue

Post by Vadermike777 » 14 Jul 2016, 08:24

I have the same problem too. I am using simconnect as well as WideFS on my client computer. Everything worked fine on version Spad.next 8.x, but when I updated to 9.3, I am seeing the following results.

1. Com1 active is set to something like 129.8, and 128.0 is set on Com1 Standby.
2. When I push the act/stnd button, the active switches to 128.0 as expected, however, it also shows 128.0 in the standby LED as well. In otherwords, on my radio panel, both the left and right displays show 128.0 as active and standby.
3. on my actual sim in the virtual cockpit, it shows correctly as 128.0 on active and 129.8 on standby.
4 If I push the act/stby button again, then I show 129.8 as both active and stanby, while the sim correctly shows 129.8 on active and 128 on standby.
5. This happens for Com1 com2 nav1 and nav2. And it happens on both of my radio stacks.

Reinhard
Donator

Post by Reinhard » 14 Jul 2016, 10:38

I have the same problem.

gmaxwell
Passenger

Post by gmaxwell » 14 Jul 2016, 12:30

Glad to know its a common problem with this version. How did you fix the issue? Did you downgrade to s previous version of SPUD or use SimConnect? I'm not sure how to use/install SimConnect.

Vadermike777
Flight Attendant

Post by Vadermike777 » 14 Jul 2016, 18:23

Issue was not resolved, I had to downgrade to version 8.x. I made a clonzilla backup image of my PC before doing the 9.3 update, (like I always do before doing any major update), and I had to restore my image.

As for your question, SimConnect is free and I believe it is on by default if you run Spad on the same computer as FSX/P3d. In my case, I run Spad on a separate machince (in a client/server environment), therefore I use, and installed simconnect on my spad computer, (as well as FSUIPC WideFS) to send Spad inputs, to my P3d computer either via Simcon or FSUIPC, depending on the situation.

I have tried both the simconnect variable for the standby frequency (on the right LCD of the radio panel), as well as the FSUIPC variable, both gave the same results, and did not fix the issue. So in otherwords, simconnect, did not work in my case. I also completely blew away my spad.next v9.3 profile on my radio stacks, and recreated them from scratch and also tried using the online snipets. But I still got the same problem.

I need my radios, to display properly on my radio panel as I fly on Vatsim, and also practise for real life flying, so unfortunately I had to downgrade back to version 8. But I will tell I love the new features of version 9 (especially all the new FIP flexibility), so I look forward to going back to v9 once a fix has been made.

Hopefully Ulrich comes up with a fix soon.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 14 Jul 2016, 19:32

What Sim?
What Aircraft?

thedoc
Passenger

Post by thedoc » 14 Jul 2016, 19:38

FSX
Carenado Beechcraft B1900D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 15 Jul 2016, 00:13

Hi Ulrich,
I have also had this with the ND/Milviz CH-47 but had not reported it yet as I had not had time to test with default aircrafts.
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 15 Jul 2016, 00:25

Fixed in 0.9.3.4. Beta available, please give it a judging look. If it works, update will be released tomorrow.
Tested with FSUIPC Base and SimConnect Base Profile.

Vadermike777
Flight Attendant

Post by Vadermike777 » 15 Jul 2016, 01:12

Hi Ulrich, I tried the beta, and I am pleased to report the problem appears to be fixed now. Thank you so much! I will await for the next public release.