Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

LVAR Bridge Runtime Error installing on network (Client) computer

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
AeroRamer
First Officer

LVAR Bridge Runtime Error installing on network (Client) computer

Post by AeroRamer » 04 Nov 2018, 23:20

I am getting an error on initial install of SPAD.neXt to a network client computer that does not have any SIM program installed. The SIMS are on the server computer.

I get the message after the LVAR BRIDGE TIMEOUT message and I select 'Yes' to update. The error message is:

Runtime Error (at 98.247):
No supported simulation (FSX/FSX-SE/P3D) found!

To work around this, I went to the server computer were the SIM is installed and remotely ran the 'SPAD.neXt.LVAR-Bridge.Setup.exe' file located in \SPAD.neXt\GamePlugins\ folder.

Is this how is supposed to install the LVAR Bridge? Or, does it have to be installed directly from the network client computer were SPAD.neXt is installed? If I do it my way I cannot follow the instructions provided in this link: https://www.spadnext.com/wiki/lvar_support_installation. I guess the Configuration Wizard is looking for the SIM on the network client computer, cannot find it and returns the error.

Any guidance on this?

aeronauta
Betatester

Re: LVAR Bridge Runtime Error installing on network (Client) computer

Post by aeronauta » 04 Nov 2018, 23:47

I think that the spad bridge installer should be run in the PC that runs the SIM as the spdbridge.dll file must be installed in the dll.xml in C:\Users\your_id\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ to run in the SIM.

Jorge

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 05 Nov 2018, 17:31

Jorge is correct, Bridge is installed on same pc as the Sim. I had issues with firewall and simconnect settings on Sim PC preventing network client SPAD. Next from talking to the sim.

Can’t for the life of me remember the firewall change I made or the simconnect ini change I had to make to get mine working but it took me ages to work it out, hopefully you won’t have the same issues I did.

Daz

I remember me not being able to open a port the the sim
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

AeroRamer
First Officer

Post by AeroRamer » 06 Nov 2018, 01:04

OK. Thank you both. Yes, it makes same and it seems that is the only way to do it. Other than installing the SIM on the client and then running the Wizard. But that is unnecessary if all you are doing is copying and pasting the file to the server.

Now, here is the main question I have with a remote client installation. Is SPAD supposed to open and run on the client when you run the SIM on the server. I though that is what it did the first time I installed on the client but then I go this LVAR BRIDGE message to update and after that I notice SPAD opening and running on the server.

I think I remember checking the server computer resources for CPU usage and SPAD was not listed in the server. Now it is an it is taking about 20-30% resources. I thought that was the reason why you want a client install; to free resources on the server.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 07 Nov 2018, 23:29

Yes you run SPAD on the client and it will connect to the sim over the network assuming you don’t run into the same firewall and simconnect setting issue I had to fix.

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

AeroRamer
First Officer

Post by AeroRamer » 10 Nov 2018, 23:44

thedazman wrote:
07 Nov 2018, 23:29
Yes you run SPAD on the client and it will connect to the sim over the network assuming you don’t run into the same firewall and simconnect setting issue I had to fix.

Daz
That is what I thought. But something happened and it started loading on the server computer instead of the client. I checked the IP addresses of both computers. I have them set static at the router, and that they were on the same workgroup.

Do I have enable Network discovery and allow the server to have full access to the SPAD folder on the client?