Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

profile lights not working in C172; throttle calibration problem

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
pleader
Flight Attendant

Re: profile lights not working in C172; throttle-mixture; trim wheel

Post by pleader » 01 May 2016, 03:49

I run FSX. Unresolved are several light switches, fuel pump on the switch panel, and the trim wheel, all previously mentioned, and now, occasionally, the TPM mixture push-pull control is tied to the throttle movement.

Interesting, the pitot heat and taxi light switches are working. Fuel pump turns on but not off. Trim wheel has no movement either in the user interface screen or the simulator. In the simulator the trim wheel displays maximum nose down position. All the named switches appear to move properly in the user interface screen (UI), just not in the simulator.

The trim wheel does move in the calibration screen in the simulator, but it appears to be designed as non-moving in the UI. It calibrates properly in FSX control setup, then does not work with FSX running with spad.next.

When the throttle is pulled back, occasionally the mixture control pulls back in the sim.

I am using a CH Yoke that also has throttle, mixture and trim wheel. Could those be interfering with the Saitek TPM and Cessna Trim Wheel operation? I am attaching the log file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pleader
Flight Attendant

Re: profile lights not working in C172; throttle calibration problem

Post by pleader » 02 May 2016, 00:54

Running FSX. Throttle/mixture tie seems resolved.

Still have TPM light switches, fuel pump, and trim wheel not working. All light switches work in the UI, just not in the simulator. The fuel pump turns on, but not off, though both on and off in the UI. The trim wheel not working and when the sim is launched, the trim is in maximum down position. The trim wheel calibrates properly in the sim, but after calibration and all other times, is inop. The taxi light and pitot heat switches work. Log file attached. Thank you for help getting this working in the C172.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 02 May 2016, 20:13

Please attach the profile "single engine multiple airframes.xml" and confirm switches are not working with "default - simconnect base"

pleader
Flight Attendant

Post by pleader » 02 May 2016, 22:04

Here are the requested files. Again, thank you for looking into my problem. I'm a student pilot and need the C172 working to assist my real world flight training. Your assistance will be a great help.

pleader
Flight Attendant

Post by pleader » 02 May 2016, 22:18

I also receive the bridge not reponding in time do you have the correct version...warning, as mentioned in other posts. Further, SPAD does not appear in my FSX addons list. I ran the wizard with the recent SPAD install. Hope this new informaation may help diagnose my problems with switch panel and trim wheel.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 02 May 2016, 22:44

pleader wrote:Here are the requested files. Again, thank you for looking into my problem. I'm a student pilot and need the C172 working to assist my real world flight training. Your assistance will be a great help.
Please confirm, that you tested with the "default - simconnect base" profile, and the switches are not working with that profile as well.
pleader wrote:I also receive the bridge not reponding in time do you have the correct version...warning, as mentioned in other posts. Further, SPAD does not appear in my FSX addons list. I ran the wizard with the recent SPAD install. Hope this new informaation may help diagnose my problems with switch panel and trim wheel.
Then the Bridge is not loaded. For the default C172 it is not needed and you can disable it in the SPAD.neXt Settings.
If you need it for other aircraft, please check your dll.xml:
It might be the config wizard wrtoe a wrong value to it ( still investigating that issue ).
Look for "spadbridge.dll" and make sure the path pointing to it is correct.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 02 May 2016, 22:48

pleader wrote:Here are the requested files. Again, thank you for looking into my problem. I'm a student pilot and need the C172 working to assist my real world flight training. Your assistance will be a great help.
In you profile for the "Fuel pump OFF" event you have a condition set to

GENERAL ENG FUEL PUMP ON:4 != 0

Means the event is only executed if the fuel pump number 4 is ON.
As the C172 only has ONE fuel pump this condition will never match.
Change the condition to
GENERAL ENG FUEL PUMP ON:1 != 0

and all will be fine.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 02 May 2016, 22:55

TPM: No events defined for any switches on the TPM but the Axes
Trimwheel: Events look ok and should work. Will investigate the calibration

pleader
Flight Attendant

Post by pleader » 03 May 2016, 01:24

I tested using the default -- simconnect base profile. Most of the light switches were not working per my prior posts. The taxi light switch does work. Also, I was using the default C172. Will correct the fuel pump instruction per your last reply. Will try to fathom the issue regarding spadbridge.dll and its pointing path and correct if needed and I am able to do.

pleader
Flight Attendant

Post by pleader » 03 May 2016, 19:25

"Look for "spadbridge.dll" and make sure the path pointing to it is correct."

I need some guidance. What path terms would be the correct ones? And where will the "spadbridge.dll be found? Thank you.