Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Some major issues

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
C337Flier
Passenger

Some major issues

Post by C337Flier » 21 Apr 2016, 22:17

Got the registered version yesterday and have lotsa lotsa problems.

Problem 1

Every time after a system reboot, when I start SPAD.neXt it shows again as UNREGISTERED so I am forced to re-activate it. I very much doubt that this is expected bahaviour so what could be causing this?

Problem 2

Before using SPAD.neXt I uninstalled the Saitek programs I found under Programs & Features, I renamed SaiD0bac.pr0 as instructed in the Yoke warning when I started SPAD.neXt up and started creating a profile for my Carenado C337.
I copied all the snippets for my Radio and Multi panel as well as Yoke/Quadrant and my USB Quadrant.

The quadrants were set up as follows (from left to right)

Yoke quadrant:
Throttle Engine 1
Throttle Engine 2
Pitch Engine 1

USB Quadrant:
Pitch Engine 2
Mixture Engine 1
Mixture Engine 2

In SPAD all the levers are set up correctly and all move as they should. To my surprise, when I move the Mixture Eng 2 lever, in the aircraft it moves together with the Pitch for Engine 2 and vice versa.
This means that when I bring back the RPM I lean the mixture too. The lever for Mixture Engine 1 in the aircraft does not move at all nor does it have any effect.
What could be causing this. Also, their motion is not smooth anymore but rather jerky when moving up from minimum or down from maximum. Tried to fix it with calibration but was unable to achieve the desired result.

Problem 3

On http://www.fsgs.com/wiki/current_release it says that Saitek DirectOutput Driver 64Bit Version 7.0.40.0 or newer is a requirement and it lists a link to the driver Saitek_Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64Drivers.exe
It does not install because I do not have the Instrument Panel, so I downloaded and installed the following drivers from Saitek's web site

Saitek_Pro_Flight_Yoke_7_0_44_1_x64_Drivers.exe
Saitek_Pro_Flight_Throttle_Quadrant_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers.exe
Pro_Flight_Rudder_Pedals_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers.exe

The only software I found for the Radio and Multi panel was Saitek_Pro_Flight_Panels_00000003_Software_pfw.exe which I did not install because it did not specifically say "Drivers".

After launching SPAD.neXt I got a warning on the Yoke suggesting I should rename SaiD0bac.pr0. I was able to do that yesterday, but no more. Apparenty the new driver installations were created by TrustedInstaller and I have been unable to change, delete or move it.
Why I was able to rename it yesterday is a mystery to me, but is there anything I can do about it or does it really matter?

Significant issues and very discouraging. Don't know if or what I might be doing wrong.
Thanks for the help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RogCamp
First Officer

Re: Some major issues

Post by RogCamp » 22 Apr 2016, 03:12

Look at the post Saitek Driver clarification on page 4 of General.
It explains what you need and don't need.

C337Flier
Passenger

Post by C337Flier » 22 Apr 2016, 20:15

Thanks RogCamp, not much news in there. I already did not install the "plugin" or any of the "software" items, just the drivers and they do not seem to have had a negative impact on anything.

However, in your referred thread c0nnex says that "In terms of the Saitek devices, you will need (now and in future) the driver for FIP: DirectOutput Driver ( this will allow interaction with the FIP )".
I do not have a FIP so why would I need it. Even if I did, it will not install anyway. When I run the FIP driver install it tells me to unplug the Saitek USBs, it downloads some files and then tells me to plug the devices in again.
Unfortunately the Next button on that screen never activates so it just sits there. Probably because it cannot find the FIP as it isn't there.

I managed to rename the second SaiD0bac.pr0 file which required a reboot. The good thing is that doing so also seems to have cleared up the odd lever behaviour but, you guessed it, SPAD.neXt decided to de-activate itself again.

This is becoming a major pain and I am therefore still looking for an answer to the cause of that or at least a way to prevent it from happening.

Hope somebody has a solution soon.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 22 Apr 2016, 21:37

According to the logfiles your hardware id changes very often. Change in Hardware id = reactivation necessary
I suspect that you are using a VPN connection or something like that.

C337Flier
Passenger

Post by C337Flier » 24 Apr 2016, 06:45

Actually I don't. Not on this machine anyway, I do on another computer but doubt that its use of a VPN is reflected on this one.

The lever problems however are back with a vengeance. All are set up correctly in SPAD and move as they should, with the exception of within FSX. It seems each time I startup SPAD the anomalies involve different levers.

After closing SPAD to activate FSUICP (just in case it was needed), the problem persisted. To confirm my suspicions I then stopped and started SPAD 3 times in a row and each time produced a different set of lever behaviour.
I made some videos but don't know if they will play when I attach them here. I would like you to look at them and have sent them via private message.

Also, about half of the settings on the yoke buttons and throttle quadrant buttons that worked yesterday no longer work although none of their settings in SPAD have been changed.

I am at the end of my rope here. Hope there is an explanation for this.
Thanks Ulrich.

PS When I startup FSX, the version shows as V10.0.61637.0 which is a later version than the one you specified somewhere

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Apr 2016, 18:49

-> Further conversation about this issues via PM / eMail

fslogin
First Officer

Post by fslogin » 02 May 2016, 21:45

Hi!

I've got the same problem.
In SPAD all the levers are set up correctly and all move as they should. When I move the Mixture Engine 1 lever, in the aircraft it moves the Pitch for Engine 2... Help please!

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 02 May 2016, 22:38

Fixed in latest beta.