Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Problems with the FIP and SPAD

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
signmanbob
Donator

Problems with the FIP and SPAD

Post by signmanbob » 21 Mar 2016, 16:07

Hello,
I have had a new large SSD harddrive installed and am in the process of loading everything back into my computer.
I am trying to get my controllers workin, but I am having problems with the FIP and SPADneXt. It's giving me an error about "Direct Connect".
I have attached a screenshot and the log file
How can I fix this error?

Thank you,
Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Problems with the FIP and SPAD

Post by c0nnex » 21 Mar 2016, 17:08

signmanbob
Donator

Post by signmanbob » 22 Mar 2016, 03:20

I tried to follow your instructions to the letter, but I'm getting the same results. It's still not working.
I get the same error message before SPADneXt starts.
My Saitek folder is in the Programs(86) folder, not in the Programs folder and I don't have a folder called "DirectOutput"
Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin and the DirectOutput.dll is in this folder.
I uninstalled it using the Control Panel, rebooted, deleted the driver from the Temp folder, rebooted, installed new Saitek driver (never got a message to plug in FIP), clicked "Finish", plugged in my FIP and nothing happened. Started SPADneXt and got an error message about DirectOutput for 64bit not being installed, FIP not available.

MichaelBrowning
Passenger

Post by MichaelBrowning » 22 Mar 2016, 05:07

I have been having the same problem with my FIPs. Work in FSX but not when I loaded SPADnext. Been driving me nuts.
All drivers were installed as they should be and SPADnext told me simconnect was running.
Whilst browsing through the Saitek directory i clicked on "C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin\SaiFlightSimX.exe". Ever since i have done that my FIPs work like a dream. I created a shortcut to that file to my desktop thinking I would need to run this file everytime until I put it in my config file, but not the case. Hope this works works for you.

signmanbob
Donator

Post by signmanbob » 22 Mar 2016, 05:41

I'll try it and let you know.

Thank you,
Bob

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 22 Mar 2016, 12:09

signmanbob wrote:I tried to follow your instructions to the letter, but I'm getting the same results. It's still not working.
I get the same error message before SPADneXt starts.
My Saitek folder is in the Programs(86) folder, not in the Programs folder and I don't have a folder called "DirectOutput"
Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\ProFlight FSX Plugin and the DirectOutput.dll is in this folder.
I uninstalled it using the Control Panel, rebooted, deleted the driver from the Temp folder, rebooted, installed new Saitek driver (never got a message to plug in FIP), clicked "Finish", plugged in my FIP and nothing happened. Started SPADneXt and got an error message about DirectOutput for 64bit not being installed, FIP not available.
You have installed the wrong stuff, that the Saitek Pro Flight Plugin.
Saitek Pro Flight Plugin will interfere with SPAD.neXt and disturb communication with the devices.
Uninstall the Saitek Pro Flight Plugin Software ( Just uninstall everything with saitek in the name ;) ) and then reinstall the DirectOutput drivers following the Guide, and be sure to use the right stuff, the installer is exactly named Pro_Flight_Instrument_Panel_7_0_47_1_x64_Drivers.exe nothing else!

If you don't want to use SPAD.neXt for the FIP, just disable FIP in Settings->Device Settings->Saitek.FIP and the Warning will be gone.

signmanbob
Donator

Post by signmanbob » 24 Mar 2016, 01:31

Could you please post a link to the correct DirectOutput driver?
I do want to use SPAD.neXt for everything, including the FIP.

Thank you,
Bob

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Mar 2016, 01:55

signmanbob
Donator

Post by signmanbob » 24 Mar 2016, 03:11

Ohh!! Now I see... What I installed is "software" and this is just "drivers". I thought they were all the same programs.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 24 Mar 2016, 03:16

Reading broadens the mind :-D