Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Radio & nav frequency swap issue

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
TMorel
Flight Attendant

Radio & nav frequency swap issue

Post by TMorel » 16 Aug 2017, 17:47

As far as I know, I've not changed anything since it was last working - be it hardware or profiles - but when I swap frequencies on the radio panels it doesn't display properly.

It's updating the aircraft correctly, it's just the saitek radio panel.

Sometimes it displays the left fine, sometimes the right, but whichever is working, the other seems to mostly display the old version, occasionally they both display the new frequency.

If I then twiddle the tuner it all shows the correct values, so for now, I have added an extra command in the swap short press to increment by 0.25 wait 50ms and decrements by 0.25 and this seems to do the job and is quick enough not to be causing me a problem

Just wanted to check it's only me that's having this issue before I start stripping the cockpit down, as it sort of reminds me of this old post...
http://www.spadnext.com/forum/viewtopic ... wap#p11734
Saitek add-ons: Cessna Yoke & Rudder, 2 Throttle Quadrants, 1 TPM, 1 Multi Panel, 1 Switch Panel, 2 Radio Panel, 1 BIP, 9 FIP's
DIY add-ons: Parking Brake. Work-In-Progress: Throttle Quadrant

riwig
Passenger

Re: Radio & nav frequency swap issue

Post by riwig » 17 Aug 2017, 08:34

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Have tried everything and was just going to call the reseller ( bought my panels in June) and ask for a repair.

Richard
Richard

TMorel
Flight Attendant

Post by TMorel » 17 Aug 2017, 17:39

I wouldn't return anything just yet, mine used to behave brilliantly and people on this board work miracles (or point out where you've screwed up but that's kinda the same thing)

Just to narrow it down a bit more, I am using the latest versions of SPAD.neXt and P3Dv4

if I press the physical button on the saitek panel, or i click the virtual button in the cockpit, the same happens as described above, both saitek displays say the same value.
If I then rotate the tuning knob or click the tuning twirly thing, it then updates the alt and the current then shows the correct value.
This behaviour happens for com 1/2 + nav 1/2 + adf and it doesn't matter if it's the default aircraft or A2A add ons.

I have also unplugged from the USB hub and tried direct into USB2 and USB3 ports.
I swapped the panel for another Saitek radio and that is acting the same so I think I can rule out hardware.

Are you able to reproduce the same sort of wonky behaviour ?
Saitek add-ons: Cessna Yoke & Rudder, 2 Throttle Quadrants, 1 TPM, 1 Multi Panel, 1 Switch Panel, 2 Radio Panel, 1 BIP, 9 FIP's

riwig
Passenger

Post by riwig » 17 Aug 2017, 19:18

TMorel,

I have exactly the same behavior on my 2 panels. Did the same as you did. Unplug from my Belkin powered hub and plug directly in to my PC. Still the same behavior. I have done a temporary fix kind of same as you have done:

COM_STBY_RADIO_SWAP
DELAY 75MS
COM_RADIO_FRACT_DEC 0.5
DELAY 75MS
COM_RADIO_FRACT_INC 0.5

That seems to work as a temporary solution. I am using the latest Spad.next 0.9.6.29 and P3D v4.
Richard

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 18 Aug 2017, 10:11

I'm using SPAD.0.9.6.31 and p3dv4 and don't have the issue currently, but I have also seen this bug myself But not for a while.

I'll re-test my system later to see if it is back but just not noticed it....

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Oz Flyer
Betatester

Post by Oz Flyer » 18 Aug 2017, 14:18

I am getting about a 1 in 10 error rate with FSX running SPAD.0.9.6.31
David
OZ Flyer
Near YMMB
40+ year of Flight Siming.
Sim: subLOGIC/Microsoft Flight Sim's/DTG FSX, Microsoft Flight, DTG Filght School/FSW/Train Sim/TSW, ETS2 & ATS.
Hardware: Logitech, Saitek, Arduino 2560's & Leo's, BBI-32, PAC LED.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 19 Aug 2017, 14:19

It's a beta issue. I'm working on it.

riwig
Passenger

Post by riwig » 19 Aug 2017, 18:12

Great, thanks!
Richard

TMorel
Flight Attendant

Post by TMorel » 20 Aug 2017, 19:51

Oh that's great to hear.
Brilliant :)