Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Am I missing something?

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
Hjerterknekt
Flight Attendant

Am I missing something?

Post by Hjerterknekt » 28 Sep 2015, 14:10

I have 6 devices.Multipanel,Switchpanel,Bippanel and 3 radios.
Should I not have 6 entries here,instead of 5?

Regard
Stein
Product-ID.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Am I missing something?

Post by c0nnex » 28 Sep 2015, 18:20

Well that section only shows 5 FIP ...
Please attach a log , just start spad.next and close it again or the profile you are referring to

Hjerterknekt
Flight Attendant

Post by Hjerterknekt » 28 Sep 2015, 18:46

OK. I did not have my FIP in mind.Actally I have 6 of them,but they are not activeted and I have no Saitek drivers installed.
I am struggling with my radios since I want Radio1 to show COM1 in upper window and NAV1 in lower window.
Radio2 with COM2 and NAV2 and radio3 only with ADF in upper window and DME/XPDR in lower window.
I want this solution because I dont have to switch everything on one radio only.
Today all 3 radios show the same thing and I am trying to learn and find out of this.As I have understood,this should be possible.
I attach my log and XML file.
Regard
Stein
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 28 Sep 2015, 19:56

SPAD.neXt always has all devices it recognizes in the profile. No matter if it's enabled or not.

The default profiles will come with only one RP configured.
Easiest way to achieve what you want is to duplicate the Radio-Profiles.

Method 1:
Load the default - PMDG 737 Profile.
Press the "save" button (the disk on left hand side) , give it a new name.
Load that new profile
You will see all 3 Radio Panels , but only one of it will be configured.
Now copy the Setting you need from that configured radio panel to an unconfigured one.
* Goto configured Panel, set Upper-Selector to COM2 on Hardware-Panel, in the UI on the upper display press right mouse in the context menu select Edit->Copy.
* Goto Target Panel, set Selector to COM2 , Right-Mouse Edit->Paste

Method 2:
Load the default - PMDG 737 Profile.
Press the "save" button (the disk on left hand side) , give it a new name.
Exit SPAD.neXt, open new profile in a Text editor,
* Find the RadioPanel that is fully configured (usually the first with ProductID="0x0D05")
* Copy everything inside the <Device></Device>-Tag (without the tag itself)
* Paste it into the other Radio-Panels.
* Save the file.
Now all 3 RP should be configured fully and you can turn the selector on each panel as you need it.

Based on the profile you attached, i did Method 2 for you.
PMDG 737-c0nnex.xml
Have fun.

Hjerterknekt
Flight Attendant

Post by Hjerterknekt » 29 Sep 2015, 02:53

Thanks a lot for the help.I have now 2 of my radios working perfect.I had first one problem with radio 1(COM1 and NAV1)when I changed from inactive to active window since it changed on Radio 2 when I was swapping on radio 1.It seems like there is something missing in simconnect since I could not find the value for short click to radio 1.I find "simconnectcontroll COM2_Radio SWAP" but not COM1_Radio SWAP.I used the command from the PMDG on radio 1 and everything works flawless.But I cant get ADF and XPNDR work on radio 3.But that is not as importent as radio1 and 2.
But if somebody have done this for PMDG 737,that would be nice if you could share the setting for that.
What about a subforum where we could share different scripts? I am shure that there is moore "dummies" like me that need time and help to figure out how all this work.

My BIP panel is full,and if I decide to go for a second BIP panel,would that go alright?

Regard
Stein

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 29 Sep 2015, 03:29

1. The Simonnect Control for COM1 Swap is "COM_STBY_RADIO_SWAP". No idea why Microsoft named it different.
What is your problem with ADF and XPNDR exactly on Radio 3, the "default 737" Profile has them configured.

2. The default 737 profile should have most things you need, you can copy from there using the Edit-Context-Menu, however an updated profile is current being worked on.

More Panels: Sure just connect them. SPAD.neXt will add it as a new BIP and you can configure it like the first one.

As you can see on the fsgs.com-root-page, I am in the process of reorganizing the site. Soon the Wiki will start with the documentation and there will be sub-forums for exchanging profiles etc.
Just needs a little more time. After-all it's a sparetime project.