Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Keyboard Key Press Commands not Working

Discussion about Problems.
Forum rules
If you have technical Problem, please open a ticket: https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/get-help.html

Do NOT hijack other people threads, until you have exactly the same problem!
RiverSkyHigh
Flight Attendant

Keyboard Key Press Commands not Working

Post by RiverSkyHigh » 31 Aug 2018, 04:24

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to build some profiles making use of the keyboard/key press functionality, but it does not appear to be working.

For example, if I try to assign a "Button pressed" command to execute a Keyboard action to activate the spoilers by pressing and releasing the "/" key, it does not appear to work at all within the simulator (I have P3D v4).

I've tried fiddling with the action quite a bit, but no luck. I realize the spoiler command can be activated through "send simulation event," but I'm merely using this as an example. There are certain actions where using a keypress is the only way for me to activate specific items on particular aircraft.

Thanks!

thedazman
Betatester

Re: Keyboard Key Press Commands not Working

Post by thedazman » 31 Aug 2018, 07:52

While I can’t explain why key presses are working for you ( works for me fine) I’m puzzled as to what functions you have to send key strokes for.

I’ve not found a single function in any aircraft that couldn’t be activated by edit data variables or sending events.

Please advise exactly what options you have selected in the keystroke setup ie if sending to all app or a specific one

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

RiverSkyHigh
Flight Attendant

Post by RiverSkyHigh » 01 Sep 2018, 01:08

I'm trying to create a SPAD profile for the Leonardo Maddog. As far as I can tell, I don't see any LVAR commands for its various functions (toggling the auto-throttle for instance). So what I did was went into the Maddog settings program, and assigned "shift-R" to the auto-throttle toggle, and attempted to assign the Saitek auto-throttle switch to execute a "shift-R" key press.

I realized this was a rather roundabout way to assign a command. So, as a basic test, I went to a default aircraft, and decided to assign the "/" keypress to one of the toggle buttons on my Saitek throttle quadrant.

Executing the simulation command properly deploys the spoiler on default aircraft, but using the keypress for "/" does not.

I'm attempting to do the following on my Saitek throttle:

Button T1
*Add Event (Button Pressed)
**Add Action (Keyboard)
***Key Behavior (Press and Release Key)
*Assigned Key (OemQuestion)

I then used the default values:
Duration (50)
Pause (25)
Repeat (1)
Target Window (Active Window)

This doesn't work, but I've also tried adjusting the duration value, and changing the Target Window to P3D.

Most likely, one of my settings is incorrect.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 01 Sep 2018, 09:07

As the active window will be the simulator the simulator doesn’t know what to do with the keystroke.

Don’t know anything about the mad dog software, but suspect the keystroke needs to go to something other than the active window.

Has SPAD.next made any statements about LVAR support for that aircraft?

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com