Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

FIPs not working

General Discussions
ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

FIPs not working

Post by ngkambo1 » 28 Dec 2016, 01:15

I have purchased the complete SPAD.NeXT registered package for use in P3D-v3.4/FSX/XP-11. I am using several Saitek products (MP/RP/BIP/TPM/YOKE/ and 6 FIPs) All devices except the FIPs work. They appear to be recognized because each time I start SPAD.NeXT the following message appears "The FIP with Serial MZ****** could not be found. This can happen if the FIP internally crashed. Please powercycle the FIP. ". There is one message for each of my 6 FIPS. When I powercycle one of the FIPS by unplugging/re-connecting its USB cable I get another dialog box with the same message. I am using 2 USB 2.0 powered hubs (every port on each is powered) I don't get a logo on any of my FIPs...only a blank screen. Under the "fips" tab in the SPAD.NeXT program all 6 FIPs are identified on the left pane by their serial #s, on the right side "render on fips" is ON, and "virtual power" is ON but appears to be blanked-out (i cant change it). All my FIPs used to work in X-plane 10.54 using Saitek drivers and special xplane pluggins, but I uninstalled all drivers, Saitek programs, etc before installing SPAD. What could I be doind wrong? Please help.

TMorel
Flight Attendant

Re: FIPs not working

Post by TMorel » 28 Dec 2016, 08:46

As you have a registered version, go check on the registered owners section of the forum as there is a tonne of extra help there.

If you have successfully uninstalled your Saitek drivers, download http://www.spadnext.com/download/FipDriver.zip

Open the SaiBus folder and right click->install the .inf file and then open the A2AE folder and do the same. These are the correct version of the drivers you need for SPAD.
Saitek add-ons: Cessna Yoke & Rudder, 2 Throttle Quadrants, 1 TPM, 1 Multi Panel, 1 Switch Panel, 2 Radio Panel, 1 BIP, 9 FIP's
DIY add-ons: Parking Brake. Work-In-Progress: Throttle Quadrant

TMorel
Flight Attendant

Post by TMorel » 28 Dec 2016, 08:53

Also, if you get BlueScreen with Kernal issue, consider plugging your hub into a USB3 port on your computer.
I know everything says use 2.0 but for some reason on my new PC I get regular BSOD's until I switch to 3.0 - but that's more of a last resort.
Saitek add-ons: Cessna Yoke & Rudder, 2 Throttle Quadrants, 1 TPM, 1 Multi Panel, 1 Switch Panel, 2 Radio Panel, 1 BIP, 9 FIP's
DIY add-ons: Parking Brake. Work-In-Progress: Throttle Quadrant

ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Post by ngkambo1 » 28 Dec 2016, 15:41

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try to install the Fipdriver.zip files you linked. But shouldn't the initial install of SPAD.NeXT have already done this? Also, I followed the detailed instructions posted elsewhere in these forums for uninstalling the Saitek drivers but is it possible I missed something that is causing this problem and if so do you know what that could be? Thank you

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 28 Dec 2016, 15:45

SPAD.neXt will not install the saitek driver for the fip, which is currently required to recognize the FIP (and only for that). It is being worked on not to need this any more.

ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Post by ngkambo1 » 28 Dec 2016, 17:11

Thank you! Will install FIPDriver.zip files later today and try again. -Nick

MichaelBrowning
Passenger

Re: RE: Re: FIPs not working

Post by MichaelBrowning » 01 Jan 2017, 04:05

ngkambo1 wrote:Thank you! Will install FIPDriver.zip files later today and try again. -Nick
Do they show up as devices in Windows.? Another thing you can try is looking at the properties and make sure power settings (can't recall what the exact title is) is unchecked.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Post by ngkambo1 » 01 Jan 2017, 14:14

Installed Fipsdriver.zip .inf files yesterday and splash screens instantly appeared on all 6 FIPs so i assume all is well now. Will explore guage assignments next week. Thanks! Spad.next program and user/author responsiveness on these forums is AWESOME!! Happy to support future developement with paid version!

Littledid
Passenger

Post by Littledid » 01 Jan 2017, 15:19

Guys where can I find these "SaiBus" and "A2AE" folders?

I'm dealing with the same problem and my two FIPs doesn't work.
Using P3D v3 and getting the same message in Spad.Next "The FIP with Serial MZ****** could not be found. This can happen if the FIP internally crashed. Please powercycle the FIP. "

Greetings

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 01 Jan 2017, 16:00

Please download www.spadnext.com/download/FipDriver.zip

Then first install the SaiBus Driver and then the A2AE Driver.
(right click the .inf - Files and select install )