Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Installing newest version of SPAD.NeXT

General Discussions
ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Installing newest version of SPAD.NeXT

Post by ngkambo1 » 29 Nov 2016, 11:52

Forgive me if already posted. I am going to install SPAD .NeXT for the very first time. I use X-plane 11, FSX and P3D v3.4. I have multiple Saitek products (6 FIPs, RP, SP, MP, BIP, Yoke, 2 throttles). I deleted all traces (I think) of Saitek software and drivers using the detailed procedure outlined in another link on this forum. At this point none of my devices show up in Device Manager. My questions are:
1. Should all my Saitek products be plugged into USB ports on my computer at power-on before I install SPAD or should I install SPAD first, reboot, restart SPAD and then plug in my Saitek products one by one?
2. One of the install tutorials on youtube indicates that FSX must be running (or all 3 sims?) during the initial SPAD configuration. Is this necessary with the newest release?
Thank you. -Nick

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Installing newest version of SPAD.NeXT

Post by c0nnex » 29 Nov 2016, 14:59

1) Plug devices first , then install SPAD.neXt
2) The sim (FSX or P3d) you will be using most should be running. XPlane 11 is not yet supported by teh configuration wizard.

ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Post by ngkambo1 » 29 Nov 2016, 15:31

Thank you for quick reply.
But X-plane 11 is supported by newest build of SPAD.NeXT, correct? If so, then is there anything special that i need to do for x-plane 11 to work with SPAD that I dont have to do for either FSX or P3D?

BTW, happy to support all your hard work with the "complete" package which i just purchased. I hope you can continue your efforts on this project.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 29 Nov 2016, 15:38

For X-Plane 11 you need to enable X-Plane support in Settings->Application->Simlations (not done automatically so far) and then click on the configure-Button to install the necessary Plugin.

If X-Plane and SPAD.neXt are not runing on the same computer some manual configuration of the plugin is necessary, just let me now if that is needed.

ngkambo1
Flight Attendant

Post by ngkambo1 » 29 Nov 2016, 15:51

Thank you. One last question:
When I was using the Saitek drivers I had to run the USB power management utility by Uraster (linked in other posts on this forum) in order to turn off USB power savings management in Windows 10. I suspect I will have to do the same thing again immediately after I install SPAD? Thx. -Nick

c0nnex
Site Admin

Post by c0nnex » 29 Nov 2016, 19:59

Either that or start SPAD.neXt as Administrator once, and SPAD.neXt will fix that for you.