Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.12.123

This forum has closed. Please join our Discord Community.

SPAD.neXt online services are no longer available for SPAD.neXt Versions < 0.9.11.5

Cannot update

General Discussions
Jackietools
Flight Attendant

Cannot update

Post by Jackietools » 08 Sep 2015, 19:57

Stuck on version 1.7. When it starts the auto download I get the system changelog but at the top it says "System Net Web Exception. The underlying connection was closed. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. I cant find a direct download for the update either. Thanks.

c0nnex
Site Admin

Re: Cannot update

Post by c0nnex » 08 Sep 2015, 22:36

An updated installer will be available with FixUp 1.15 . 1.15 should not have the download problem anymore as well.

Jackietools
Flight Attendant

Post by Jackietools » 08 Sep 2015, 23:03

Thanks. I hope all gets fixed. As it stands now I would not pay for this as there are many bugs yet to be addressed. For now I reverted back to the old SPAD. Hopefully the bugs are corrected so I can consider it for the future. It seems very promising as a replacement for the old SPAD. Thanks for your help.

Jackietools
Flight Attendant

Post by Jackietools » 08 Sep 2015, 23:04

If you still need me to try to run that program for you let me know but could not get it to work yesterday.

dvlourie
Donator

Post by dvlourie » 09 Sep 2015, 04:10

Jackie,

Be patient. What we have here is a revolutionary piece of software. Yes there are bugs. But compared to whatever saitek was offering, this is miles ahead. I have the second to last version and no problems. I haven't had time to update due to work. I have all the hardware with the exception of the FIPS. I have been a tester since day one and believe me, cOnnex will get it all done and it will be worth whatever the price will be.

thedazman
Betatester

Post by thedazman » 09 Sep 2015, 16:06

I'd pay for it twice with any bugs, it's 10x better than anything else out there and with FIP support coming soon I think I'm in heaven.

The core aspects of spad.next are very stable the recent issues are due to implementations of new features not supported else where anyway and for me has zero impact on my ability to use this. To be a part of a community helping test SPAD, request changes and features additions is also rewarding, we've all helped shape SPAD.next in someway. I've made several requests which have made it into the SPAD widening its uses beyond even flight simulation for example. I use SPAD in Photoshop any many other games. Without community input and feedback this may have been just another slightly newer version of old SPAD but c0nnex has implemented everything we have asked for why would you not want to be part of that team.

I paid for Elite Dangerous (twice to price) and it crashes nearly every time I play it. SPAD is still in development but every month there is a major addition that makes us want to come back for more

Daz
"theDAZman" aka "theGFXguy"
https://fipgauges.com

Jackietools
Flight Attendant

Post by Jackietools » 09 Sep 2015, 16:15

I'm not saying it is not a good product but at this point does not offer me anything I need over the free version of SPAD. I cannot find an in depth manual on how to change settings or configure it clearly. For example I changed the XPDR on the radio panel for Baro presuure. I figured out how to get it to inches from millibars but when I turn the increments are not in single digits. I'm sure there is a way to correct it but without a manual right now it is more trouble than it is worth to me personally. Maybe a better manual with make it more user friendly. If there is one and I am just missing it please let me know. Yes I can see the potential for programming the panels anyway you would like but as of now for me the old SPAD is fine. I'm not trying to berate the product. YES, I can see the potential but it's benefits it offers over the old SPAD depends on the user. As far as being part of the team I did try to run a program to check for some errors but it would not run. I'd still be willing to help out if you wish.